Author Topic: This free upgrad to Avast Premium ...  (Read 1068 times)

Offline DavidGB

This free upgrad to Avast Premium ...
« on: November 02, 2019, 06:47:48 PM »
Before I start cancelling things I just want to see if I'm understanding this right ...

Several years ago I started a subscription to Avast Mobile Security Pro (and Avast Cleanup Pro) which is due for its annual renewal in just a few days. This June I bought Avast Premier just for my Windows laptop (with a deal offering a major price reduction). Today I got an email from Avast saying:

We’ve just upgraded you to our brand new, top-of-the-line antivirus Avast Premium Security — at no extra cost! Plus, you can now use your protection on up to ten different devices (PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone/iPad)

So ...

Does this mean I can cancel the Avast Mobile Security Pro subscription, before it renews, but then reactivate the app to Pro with my Avast Premier-now-Premium activation code?

And what do I do next June? Not only is the current price for Avast Premium for just one PC more than twice what I paid for Avast Premier in June, but the difference between Avast Premium for one PC and Avast Premium Multi-Device is much more than the price of Avast Mobile Security Pro for one Android phone - and I only have the one PC laptop and one Android phone. When it is time for the Avast Premier-now-Premium to renew, will I be able to change it down from Multi-Device to just the one PC and get the Mobile Security Pro separately again? And will a new Mobile Security Pro subscription next year be likely to be at a higher price than my current subscription price if that were to continue? I'm disabled, living on limited benefits, and can't afford to waste even a few GBP.

This is confusing, and if it's explained clearly somewhere I haven't found it.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: This free upgrad to Avast Premium ...
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 06:51:03 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0