Author Topic: Does Avast for Android receive "streaming updates" too?  (Read 2537 times)

Offline sarah2000

Does Avast for Android receive "streaming updates" too?
« on: November 02, 2019, 10:27:22 PM »
Hi,

Today the Avast application for Android didn’t receive VPS updates. Last time it received virus definitions updates was yesterday, November 1st 2019, and I have noticed that this issue happened some days ago as well.

This issue is getting old on Windows and Android, but on Windows, I have read and checked that Avast receives “Streaming Updates”, which at least help me have some “peace of mind”. I’d like to know if the Avast application for Android also receives “Streaming Updates”, and how we, as users, can check that the “Streaming Updates” are actually being received.

Thanks,

Sarah

Offline sarah2000

Re: Does Avast for Android receive "streaming updates" too?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 05:55:17 AM »
Why is my post being ignored by @Tereza and the Avast team? Don't I have the right to know whether the Avast app that I installed on my cell phone receives "Streaming Updates" or not, and if so, how I can check that the "Streaming Updates" are actually being received.

If you're not going to reply, at least make sure that you guys really fix the bug that stops Avast for Android and Windows from receiving daily VPS updates.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 11:04:14 AM »
Hi sarah, sorry for the delay, your post is not being ignored, I read it yesterday (after the weekend) and my colleague is working on getting all relevant information together since then, as your question is not the usual stuff we deal with. Thanks for your patience.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 02:23:10 PM »
So, apart from the scanning that uses the VPS (aka virus definitions) there is also a feature called "Cloud Scan".
Cloud scan is automatically utilized when the Avast Mobile Security checks apps and is connected to the Internet (regardless if via Wi-Fi or mobile data). As the cloud scan works directly with our servers, it has always the most recent data (regardless of how old the VPS in the app is).