Author Topic: Can't find Omni home screen on Android phone  (Read 1687 times)

Offline wardw

Can't find Omni home screen on Android phone
« on: November 08, 2019, 07:38:16 PM »
I've installed the Omni hub on my  home network, installed Omni on my Android phone, and linked my phone with Omni on my computer. Now I'd like to access the Omni features on my phone. When I log in to Omni on my phone, I'm not shown a home screen with feature options. Instead, it says "Say hi to Avast Omni," and the only link on the page ("Find out more") goes to  a web page advertising Omni.

Offline Zbyněk6

• Avast team
Re: Can't find Omni home screen on Android phone
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 05:24:45 PM »
Hi wardw, could you please verify that you are logging in with the correct one email address? You need to log in with the same email address as you used for buying Omni. Let me know if that helps. Thanks, Zbynek

Offline wardw

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 08:20:58 PM »
Thanks for your reply, Zbyněk6. I logged in with the correct address, and was shown a screen saying my home is protected, but the icon for my phone was circled in red. When I tapped it, it showed my name, but said 1 device (my phone) needs attention. When I tapped it, it said Avast Omni was not installed or not working.

When I tapped that, it said "Protect Ward's SAMSUNG-SM-G930V in 2 steps." Step 1 gave me a URL to open on my device, but when I did that it took me back to an Avast Omni page that I've seen before. Step 2 said to install Omni (which I'd already done, so I uninstalled it and re-installed it), and Step 2 gave me a pairing code to enter when prompted. I logged in to Omni, but I was not given a prompt to enter the code. So the alert that Omni was not installed or working remains.

Offline Zbyněk6

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 11:56:39 AM »
Hi wardw, I'm sending you a private message with instructions on what to do. Thanks