Author Topic: Temporarily Stop Avast Premium from starting  (Read 882 times)

Offline Applepie_cobbler

Temporarily Stop Avast Premium from starting
« on: November 10, 2019, 12:18:38 PM »
I need to perform some system updates, and, as a precaution, I want to prevent Avast from loading/starting on the next reboot. I don't want either to uninstall and then reinstall it, nor do I want to permanently disable it (which still allows it to start and then become disabled). I just don't want it to start.

Will disabling the AvLaunch component in my Startup achieve this, or is there another method?

OS is W10 Pro 1903.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Temporarily Stop Avast Premium from starting
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 04:51:58 PM »
Personally I have never found the need to disable avast prior to system updates.

There are a number of options from the Avast Tray icon, see attached image, click to expand.

Surely you could simply disable Avast for a period of time (or until the next restart), before running your system updates.  On windows system updates requiring a restart, as far as I'm aware this happens before a full restart happens.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security