Author Topic: errors?  (Read 4671 times)

mp23

errors?
« on: August 29, 2006, 08:28:04 AM »
I got a trojan horse and avast found it then i try to delete it and when i click delete then delete  files permanently  (also checking the box) then click delete again
something pops up saying Run-time error '53' File not Found

what should i do?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: errors?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 03:50:37 PM »
Firstly delete isn't a good first option, you have none left, better to send it to the chest and investigate.

What is your OS ?
What was the virus name ?
What was the infected file name, where was it found example (C:\windows\system32\infected-file-name.xxx) ?
You can check the avast Log Viewer, warning section for this information.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

mp23

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 07:37:08 PM »
even if i try to send it to the chest itt let me and the same message pops up again

Virus Name: Win32:Agent-QJ [Trj]
WHere: C:\drsmartload1.exe
0635-1, 08/28/2006 vps version

I think it might be recreating itself

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 08:52:39 PM »
Try a repair of avast. Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow. You need to be on-line to do this.

A forum search for Win32:Agent will return more information on the Win32:Agent family and how to deal with it.

Since you have winXP you could enable a boot time scan. Right click the avast icon, select Start avast! Antivirus, Menu, 'Schedule boot-time scan...' and see if it is easier to deal with before windows starts up.

If you haven't already got this software (freeware), download, install, update and run it, preferably in safe mode Ewido anti-spyware
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

User15

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 12:01:23 AM »
for a while the on access scanner and all that stuff was not working and the red circle stuff was around the icon (i more or less know what it means when that happens) but i went to control panel and set the avast stuff to automatic on start up and it started working, but only for the network shield. i don't know why. i do have symantec on
auto protect too... but most importantly, when i ran a scan today (minutes ago) it said there was a virus found in the avast folder... how can that possibly be. stupidly i didn't check anything and just deleted it immediatley. why should you not delete files and just put them in the chest?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 12:54:33 AM »
I do have symantec on auto protect too
If you're running two antivirus (and specially Norton) at the same time, quickly UNINSTALL one of them... you could lose the possibility of even booting the computer sooner or later...  :o
avast is not compatible with Norton.
If you want to uninstall Norton, follow this:

1) Remove NAV through Add/Remove programs from Control Panel. Boot.
2) Use Symantec removal tool following the three steps defined in the SymNRT tool info.
3) Boot.
4) Install avast! Boot.

... but most importantly, when i ran a scan today (minutes ago) it said there was a virus found in the avast folder... how can that possibly be. stupidly i didn't check anything and just deleted it immediatley. why should you not delete files and just put them in the chest?
Well, if it was in Chest now, you can know what you've deleted, which virus was on it...
Chest is safer than just delete.
The best things in life are free.

User15

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 01:05:02 AM »
i've had symantec and avast installed for almost 2 weeks now. well i had symantec installed long ago, but i just installed avast recently. so... i should still uninstall one yes? probably avast... symantec doesn't seem to detec as much but i just sort of trus it  more. also symantec and norton are different yes? as in different companies? somehow i'm confused on this.

and thanks for the advice

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 01:07:51 AM »
Symantec is the manufaturer of Norton Antivirus.
If you trust NAV more than avast, then uninstall avast  :)

User15

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 01:09:33 AM »
so then what is the diff. between symantec anti-virus and norton anti-virus? (they've got different icons  ;D and function/operate sort of differently.) and how come only the network shield on avast will work?

thanks a lot

User15

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 01:16:49 AM »
ok, i just uninstalled avast. so hopefully everything will be fine. what happens to files in the chest once i uninstall avast? and also, was it a bad idea to stop my scan right in the middle of it and just install avast. especially because avast had found a trojan and i had just deleted it?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 03:44:19 AM »
what happens to files in the chest once i uninstall avast?
They'll be lost.
If you want or need them, extrat them from Chest to a floppy or USB Drive, for instance.
Take care if any of them is infected !!!
Right click the file and choose Extract action.
You don't need to extract the files on 'system' folder, because the ones there are for backup purposes.

and also, was it a bad idea to stop my scan right in the middle of it and just install avast. especially because avast had found a trojan and i had just deleted it?
Wait avast scanning...

But, after all, it's a pity that you want to keep NAV... you won't receive this kind of support from Symantec  :-*