Author Topic: Public <> Private profile switching  (Read 1237 times)

Offline Marc339

Public <> Private profile switching
« on: November 14, 2019, 09:10:00 PM »
For some reason, Avast! switches to "Public" and blocks various important programs from connecting.  Have to go back and manually switch it to "Private" Is there any way to prevent this? I am on a LAN and it is not "Public".

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Public <> Private profile switching
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 08:44:57 AM »
Repair Avast:
1. Avast GUI -> Settings -> Troubleshooting
2. Click on 'REPAIR APP'.
3. Follow instructions.
4. Reboot.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline smc425

Re: Public <> Private profile switching
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 01:57:46 AM »
Please read my posts from last month Avast Firewall Private<->Public Issue. At least you are able to move the toggle switch over to Private....for me, it flips back to Public instantly. Since an Avast update earlier this year the profile switching has malfunctioned. Many of us are seeing our network profiles switch to public constantly even when we are using home/private networks. Still waiting for them to clear this up. You can try to use the repair app and do clean uninstall/reinstalls 1000 times. Just don’t expect it to resolve this issue. It’s a shame that you’re only able to use half the product, but a workaround for the time being may be to use Windows Firewall. Until there is a fix at least you will get back your home/private network.