Author Topic: "Local Area Connection" doesn't have a valid IP configuration  (Read 2016 times)

Offline rbigham22

• rbigham2
"Local Area Connection" doesn't have a valid IP configuration
« on: November 19, 2019, 01:48:37 AM »
Lost my Internet, as well as my AVAST VPN controls, on 11/17/2019 for no apparent reason. I still had internet access on all other devices. When trying to connect to the internet, an error message came up as  “Local Area Connection doesn’t have a valid IP configuration” and “SecureLine doesn’t have a valid IP configuration” I used another computer to research and attempt to solve the problem. Through hours of reading and futile attempts to resolve the issue, I turned to the Avast Forum which is moderated by some of the most arrogant people on the planet. Found threads of people over the past few years having the same problem but received no intelligent solutions to the problem. So I called the Avast VPN Customer service line (844-752-4367) and talked to Mark. After about 20 minutes he says it is an internal computer problem that needs to be taken to a computer shop. I’m running windows 7 so I thought I might as well order a new computer from Best Buy because this one is worthless without the internet. $750.00 computer. I continue to research and find a youtube video instructing me to go into device manager and click on network and uninstall everything there (Realtek PCIe and Avast! SecureLine TAP Adapter v3) which would reload after a restart. I also found an article instructing to go into Programs and Features, then click on Avast and then click on change as this would repair Avast. I did all othis, restarted my computer and now I have my Internet access back. Plus a new $750.00 computer being delivered tomorrow. That was a $750 tech call to Avast.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: "Local Area Connection" doesn't have a valid IP configuration
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 02:34:15 PM »
Hi,

Please accept our apologies for the unfortunate interaction you had when you called the Avast VPN Customer service line.

Base on what you have said, the solution provided was not ideal.

We would be grateful if you could provide us with extra details as we are very much interested in understanding what occurred during your call.
Could you kindly send me via PM, the time of the call and the number from which you dialled the Avast VPN Customer service line.