Author Topic: Avast Premium security look like a tool to advertise the company products ....  (Read 2038 times)

Offline Mura2

Hi i am a Avast Customer for a while now....... and i really not like  the fact that i Must disable all notification in Avast Premium security and uninstall Cleanup premium just because  is too invasive!!!!

I feel that Avast Premium security look like a tool to advertise the company products .... more then an Antivirus or Malware...

Just share my opinion .....

Andrea P.

I

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
You can disable the ads in the paid versions: Avast GUI -> Settings -> Personal Privacy
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Mura2

I own Avast Premium Security that is not Free ….  and I not like the fact that I have to disable ur ADS.!!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Would you rather continue with the ads.  Asyn, an Avast user is just telling you how to remove them.  There is no such option in Avast Free.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
I own Avast Premium Security that is not Free ….  and I not like the fact that I have to disable ur ADS.!!
You can submit your feedback in "About Avast".
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Mura2

Thanks I will....

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
You're welcome.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Would you rather continue with the ads.  Asyn, an Avast user is just telling you how to remove them.  There is no such option in Avast Free.

Then again I sort of understand why he feels this way. Imagine buying a mid range LCD TV and you keep on getting ads for OLED TV's on it from the same vendor. It would be annoying. You probably didn't opt for mid range model out of ignorance, there was probably a reason. So, stop bugging me about "better" products. In free version, fine, it's free after all, but in paid, knowing there is a checkbox hidden somewhere in settings to stop this is annoying.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks

Then again I sort of understand why he feels this way. Imagine buying a mid range LCD TV and you keep on getting ads for OLED TV's on it from the same vendor. It would be annoying. You probably didn't opt for mid range model out of ignorance, there was probably a reason. So, stop bugging me about "better" products. In free version, fine, it's free after all, but in paid, knowing there is a checkbox hidden somewhere in settings to stop this is annoying.

Personally I feel that the default option, should be opt in and not opt out.  But I guess the marketeers wouldn't like that idea.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security