Author Topic: Avast Anti-Theft device listed as unprotected  (Read 2190 times)

Offline ryantdouglas

Avast Anti-Theft device listed as unprotected
« on: November 20, 2019, 05:32:17 AM »
Hi,

I reset an old Android device, ran all the scans, and set up anti-theft, but no matter what I try to do it's still listed on my.avast.com's anti-theft page as unprotected. I suspect this may be due to the fact that I already have two devices set up on anti-theft, making this device my third. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Ryan

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Avast Anti-Theft device listed as unprotected
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 09:22:14 AM »
Hi,

Could you please open Avast Mobile Security on your mobile device > open Menu > "Settings" > "Protection" and make sure you have all the shields enabled.
In addition, remove "DELETE FROM ACCOUNT" and re-add the device in my.avast.com

Offline ryantdouglas

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 03:55:40 PM »
Hi, thanks for replying. . .

I went into settings and activated internal storage scanning. Everything else was turned on. Then, I went to my.avast.com and deleted the device from my account. I tried adding it from the web but had some difficulty. It only sent me to the Google Play Store where I opened the app and turned everything back on, though the device wasn't showing on my.avast.com. Ultimately, I uninstalled and reinstalled it. I then turned on Anti-Theft and noticed I had to turn on the setting for Web Shield with Accessibility and also Internal Storage Scanning, but when I checked my.avast.com, it still said the device was unprotected.

Ryan

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 04:41:06 PM »
Hi, thanks for replying. . .

I went into settings and activated internal storage scanning. Everything else was turned on. Then, I went to my.avast.com and deleted the device from my account. I tried adding it from the web but had some difficulty. It only sent me to the Google Play Store where I opened the app and turned everything back on, though the device wasn't showing on my.avast.com. Ultimately, I uninstalled and reinstalled it. I then turned on Anti-Theft and noticed I had to turn on the setting for Web Shield with Accessibility and also Internal Storage Scanning, but when I checked my.avast.com, it still said the device was unprotected.

Ryan

Hi, if you have turned on all the shields in the phone app as you have mentioned, then you are protected. The fact that it does not show as protected in the web portal is an issue that we plan to fix in the new portal.