Author Topic: AVAST IN FRENCH,????  (Read 41519 times)

Hurricane

Re:AVAST IN FRENCH,????
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2004, 08:14:49 AM »
Ben avec zorro (créateur du topic) on est 4 ;)

We are 4 ;) for the moment.

Ca fait plaisir de savoir qu'il existe une communauté d'utilisateurs francais de Avast.

Vivement cette fameuse version.

Whisky51

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2004, 09:52:47 AM »
5 with me ...  ;D

lcano

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2004, 10:41:09 AM »
With me 6  :-*

laurent

joseph

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2004, 12:14:46 PM »
007 right here

although I'm keeping the English version...

I stand behind French being a beautiful language, but not when it comes to IT. It just confuses me then.

Avast turns out to be a very nice program, with lots of features.

Keep up the good work!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2004, 12:41:17 PM »
Although I'm keeping the English version...

Just a word from the translators... Joseph, you can have both English and French versions in the same computer if you are connected to the Internet. Just go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, avast! Antivirus, Change the configuration and check the new language packs  8)
The best things in life are free.

big_gie

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2004, 03:28:53 AM »
Count me as the 8th :)

zorro51

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2004, 10:04:14 AM »
avast a l'air attractif!
!cependant moi qui ait viré internet excplorer de mon systeme pour virer ce navigateur rempli de failles avast refuse par la suite toute update!!!

je trouve bien dommage qu'un bon antivirus comme avast soit obligé d'utiliser internet explorer!

i like avast but i find dommageable that avast use composants of internet excplorer to update!
internet explorer is dangerous composants microsoft ::) ::)
antivir don't use ie for update!

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2004, 10:11:37 AM »
I don't think avast! uses Internet Explorer for update.
IE component is used to display some things (iNews, for example), but not for internet connections.

bolsderac

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2004, 11:30:26 PM »
I'm waiting for a french translation too because i'm french (!) and i would like to know all the options of this wonderful freeware!
thank you for your work.

aymeric

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2004, 01:54:13 AM »
One more french forum user  ;)

And like others i wait for french translation of AVAST. It could be very usefull for a lot of french user there. Don't you heard that french people get the badest english school level of Europe ?  :-[

offpol

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2004, 10:46:22 AM »
Yes i am,
oui je suis utilisateur français de avast, je trouve ce programme super, et le scan pop3 des messages bloque tout les virus de ces dernieres semaines.
Vivement la version en français.
J'ai meme converti un copain espagnol à la version hiberique de ce programme.
Une question:
pourquoi quand je change les sons d'alerte, ceux-ci reviennnent à l original après une mise à jour ?

masterdebugger

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2004, 04:22:27 PM »
I use all my computer software in english as I work mostly in english, but the truth is I'm a french canadian.

J'utilise tous mes logiciels en anglais parceque je travail principalement en anglais, mais je suis un canadien français.

Mes amis et les autres membres de ma famille utilise les logiciels en français et je leur vante les mérites d'Avast! depuis que j'ai découvert ce merveilleux produit.

À bientôt la version francaise!

To Avast! staff, if you require an alpha or beta tester, I'm your man! I'm fully bilingual and am a computer professional that found lots of bugs in systems that I alpha & beta tested.

r_du_neuf_trois

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2004, 05:17:47 PM »
Last year, I mean 12 months ago, I offered the Avast team my free help in order to translate the software. All I got as reply was that the translation was in progress. Indeed ?
I know a software called Rapid Translator which permits to translate the text ressources in any language. It has nothing to do with automatic translators, it opens bin files and offers to replace words or sentences by the ones you've previously defined. It works fine.
That's it.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2004, 05:30:13 PM »
Yes, it was in progress indeed.
The French translation took so look because each time we sent the files to a translator, he subsequently became too busy with his own work and was not able to finish the translation in a reasonable amount of time (or just disappeared). So, we sent the files to somebody else... and this has repeated multiple times.

Note - I'm not blaming anybody, the guys did it for free and of course, their own work has higher priority. I'm just explaining why it took so long.
I am also not saying that it would have been your case as well - but we couldn't know, right?

A beta version should be available during the next week.

r_du_neuf_trois

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2004, 09:23:03 AM »
What would you mean Igor?
That you've not found any French guy (or woman) able to translate or that we've got big mouths and you can't rely on us? This is anyway what appears in your answer even if it wasn't your purpose.
I only posted here to tell I contacted you one year ago in order to translate your software and you didn’t send me anything, you mustn’t put me in these people you can’t trust in.
Most of my job is to translate user’s manuals for a well known manufacturer of lighting consoles, my English isn’t perfect but we’re not talking about literature.
Moreover, you must keep in mind that we're more than 60 000 000 in France, which makes our country the most populated in Europe after Germany, a huge market as well.
I’m happy to see that a French version is going to be available soon; we’re not so much able to understand English, and less speaking Czech.