Author Topic: AVAST IN FRENCH,????  (Read 41520 times)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:AVAST IN FRENCH,????
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2004, 12:57:19 PM »
No, no, I really didn't want to make any such implications. I was just trying to explain, because your "Indeed?" seemed like you didn't believe the translation was really in progress.
The whole situation was just a bad luck, nothing else.

CoJo

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2004, 02:34:09 PM »
What would you mean Igor?
That you've not found any French guy (or woman) able to translate or that we've got big mouths and you can't rely on us? This is anyway what appears in your answer even if it wasn't your purpose.
I only posted here to tell I contacted you one year ago in order to translate your software and you didn’t send me anything, you mustn’t put me in these people you can’t trust in.
Most of my job is to translate user’s manuals for a well known manufacturer of lighting consoles, my English isn’t perfect but we’re not talking about literature.
Moreover, you must keep in mind that we're more than 60 000 000 in France, which makes our country the most populated in Europe after Germany, a huge market as well.
I’m happy to see that a French version is going to be available soon; we’re not so much able to understand English, and less speaking Czech.

I'm glad igor responded in a gentlemanly manner despite your attitude...
it takes time to do any translation as you well know since that is your job. Alwil depends on people who do it willingly in their spare time and if problems come up then they must start again.
It is so easy to criticize...

cojo

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2004, 02:50:11 PM »
r_du_neuf_trois, if you know Igor a little better you will know that it was not a critic comment. I translated avast! into Portuguese. It takes about 150 hours to do it... Igor had to wait a lot for it (although he would say that I was fast). I have to way for another Brazilian guy to finish his part of translation... after a month he give up... I started from the beggining.

Anyway, r_du_neuf_trois, let's throw away any bad felling about this. If you can help Igor will let you know... Remember that if an user starts to translate nobody can do the job for him unless he/she gives up. It's a limitation of the software for translation (it is not a workgroup software).
The best things in life are free.

r_du_neuf_trois

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2004, 06:26:26 PM »
Allright guys, I'm sorry for this stupid agressive attitude I got, (tipycally french, would you say) but believe me, I've got nothing against Igor and I thanks him and all of you guys as well for the huge work made in general here.
I only find it's a pity that the 2nd country in Europe, in terms of population, and I don't count the french canadians nor the western africans, couldn't get softwares in its own langage. This is not only Avast's case but most of the softwares.
Keep enlighten.

CoJo

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2004, 09:17:59 PM »
Allright guys, I'm sorry for this stupid agressive attitude I got, (tipycally french, would you say) but believe me, I've got nothing against Igor and I thanks him and all of you guys as well for the huge work made in general here.
I only find it's a pity that the 2nd country in Europe, in terms of population, and I don't count the french canadians nor the western africans, couldn't get softwares in its own langage. This is not only Avast's case but most of the softwares.
Keep enlighten.

r_du_neuf_trois ...that was the action of a true gentleman. I salute you, sir.
And please accept my apology for being so cranky...
I am very protective about Avast and it's developers, staff, and forum members. Without their help, I would still have the Dell from H*ll.

cojo  

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2004, 09:45:20 PM »
r_du_neuf_trois, everything is ok... You and Igor are talking about the same: it's a pity or unluck... If I could help, but I do not speak French  :'(
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2004, 03:20:35 PM »
OK, check this thread, guys  8)

Whisky51

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2004, 02:09:57 PM »
C'est ici: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=3358

Mais pour le fichier en question, tu fais un clic droit, enregistrer sous...

How to install the beta:
1. Download the file http://cat.asw.cz/beta-jap/servers.def and place it to the <avast>\setup folder (overwrite the existing file).
2. Invoke avast! program update.
3. After the update is performed (and computer restarted), go to program Settings, select the page Languages and click on the text To install additional languages, click here.
4. Check the "French language" modules and press Next - the French modules will be loaded and installed.
5. In the Language page, select French (it should be in the list now).

JiCé

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2004, 02:21:01 PM »
Ah, OK ! Chui con !  Merci !