Author Topic: HELP - I can't get a license key?  (Read 2868 times)

dvs

HELP - I can't get a license key?
« on: August 24, 2006, 06:03:45 PM »
I am trying to assist my mother in registering for AVAST Home Edition. I installed it, but when I completed the registration it was to email a License Key number to fully register her copy. I have tried re-registering and even emailing the support team with why she hasn't been sent an email with the License Key # yet. I added the correct contact to her address book, so that they could get to her, in case there is some type of block that I am unaware of with her AOL. Its not showing up in the received or the spam file. She has dial up with AOL could that be the problem. I am only here for a few days and I leave tomorrow and she is in Iowa and I live in Texas, so I don't have much time to figure this out. I waited all day yesterday to receive the key number, but no email yet.  She is on a limited income and I wanted her to have the benefits of protection on her PC, without spending on Norton or McAffee costs.

Is it something with AOL, since they have so much stuff (i.e., spam guard, virus protection  etc.) I don't like AOL stuff and wish she could have something different, but for now she gets it from my brother's account free of charge.

Any help getting this registered for the next year for her.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: HELP - I can't get a license key?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 06:33:02 PM »
AOHell is notorious for its email filtering, so I would say it is a distinct possibility. If you are able to add register @ avast.com (without the spaces) to a whitelist in their anti-spam filtering, so it might get through. However, knowing what AOHell is like there is probably very little or no user input. Unless her address book is on-line and somehow integrated to AOHell's filtering I doubt that would do much, but it won't hurt to try.

You could try another email address and see if that gets through. In the meantime you could use the demo key that will give 60 days unrestricted use, this hopefully should give time to resolve the problem.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

tls

Re: HELP - I can't get a license key?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 11:01:16 PM »
Make sure  register @ avast.com (without the spaces) is added to your mother's address book.  (Click "write," "address book," then "add," and enter "register @ avast.com," without spaces or quotes, in the "Screen Name" or "Other E-mail" area.  Make sure it appears in her address book.)   She will receive e-mail from anyone she has listed unless she intentionally blocks an address in her "Mail and Spam Controls," which I do not recommend.  I have had no difficulty receiving the license keys for three avast! installations on three computers, all with aol, although the first one was sent to the spam folder.

edit:  Also make sure her e-mail address is entered correctly on the avast! form, including "@aol.com."  (My mother often forgets that part, since it is not necessary within aol.)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 11:21:20 PM by t l s »