Author Topic: the Avast button appears late in the taskbar  (Read 1853 times)

Offline jeanmicheldaugas

the Avast button appears late in the taskbar
« on: November 27, 2019, 09:16:11 AM »
Hello,
the Avast button appears in the taskbar only 2 minutes after the computer starts. Is this normal? Do I have to wait for it to appear before browsing the internet or opening outlook ?
Tanks for answers.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: the Avast button appears late in the taskbar
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 09:32:35 AM »
Is any previous used security program fully removed?

Uninstalling other antivirus software  >>  https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/Uninstall-other-antivirus

Have you tried avast repair and reboot?

Repairing avast antivirus  >>  https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/Repair-Antivirus

Offline jeanmicheldaugas

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 09:40:36 AM »
Thanks for these informations. I'm going to try

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 05:24:31 PM »
It is quite normal for the Avast icon to appear in task bar maybe 2 mins after startup. Avast is running and protecting you before the icon appears, so not to worry.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2019, 05:44:08 PM »
It is quite normal for the Avast icon to appear in task bar maybe 2 mins after startup. Avast is running and protecting you before the icon appears, so not to worry.

Certainly not normal for me on either of my systems, usually measured in seconds not minutes.

But it is correct, that whilst the tray icon isn't visible, the underlying Avast program is running, You can check this using the Windows Task Manager.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline jeanmicheldaugas

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2019, 09:48:25 AM »
Thank you for your answers.

As suggested by Pondus,
I uninstalled other antivirus software (I had not other antivirus) >>  https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/Uninstall-other-antivirus

I Repaired avast antivirus  >>  https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/Repair-Antivirus

Now the Avast button appears in the taskbar after 70 seconds.

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2019, 10:53:21 AM »
Just put a stopwatch on my Win10 rig with Avast 19.8.2393 (build 19.8.4793.544). The Avast icon appeared in taskbar 1min17secs (77s) after Desktop appears. OK, that is a bit less than 2mins. That sort of delay is what I have become used to for Avast tray icon apppearance here.

Offline Cluster-Lizard2014

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2019, 01:51:27 PM »
You need to use a SSD instead of a HDD for your OS. I can cold boot and have the desktop/taskbar icons, including AVAST's, up and working in under 45 seconds. 

You'll be amazed at the speed difference a SSD has on startup. You can still get delayed icon appearance although in my case it is not AVAST.

I've always been interested in the order and the speed the taskbar icons load and what is controlling it.

For me it is a Realtek HD Audio Manager one that is the slowest. Yet I have another PC which was set up almost identically with the same OS, programs installed in the same order but they appear in a different order in the taskbar and there's no similar delay for that icon.

Only difference is the second PC has the same make but different (actually older) generation MB and drivers.

BTW uninstalling (thorough) and reinstalling programs only change the order temporarily, on reboot/restart they're all back in the old order. But why there is a noticeable delay in comparison to the others for just one icon, whatever that is, I have no idea. 

Offline auld_lang_syne

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2019, 08:26:12 PM »
" Thank you for your answers. Now the Avast button appears in the taskbar after 70 seconds. "

it'll  take  longer (1½-2m)  if  'logging-in'  to  os  immediately … it'll  take  shorter (instantaneously)  if  you  wait  2-3  minutes  before  'logging-in'  to  os.  always  make  sure  your  a/v  is  active … before  any  cloud/online  activities … never  'assume'.  have  a  good  day.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 08:30:22 PM by auld_lang_syne »

Offline jeanmicheldaugas

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2019, 09:02:10 AM »
What is a/v ?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2019, 09:27:20 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0