Author Topic: Incompatible Router - and can't login  (Read 1261 times)

Offline Michael1060

Incompatible Router - and can't login
« on: May 20, 2020, 08:27:00 PM »
I ordered my Omni earlier and received it this week.  It reported that the router I have from CenturyLink, an Actiontec 3000A, is incompatible.  No what?
The Omni software was downloaded right after I paid for it and seems to have replaced the previous Avast Premium Security on my computer.  It updates and scans fine.  I did try connecting the Omni device but since I couldn't login (see below) I can not continue.

Also, when I try to log in using the Omni software, I get a couple of messages, including invalid user name or password.  I can login to avast.com with the same credentials.  I tried resetting the password with the same results.  Another message I received was error message "form.error.noomnipaidiic".
I still can't login.  However, when I click on Menu and My Subscriptions it shows my active subscriptions, so I must actually be logged in.

What do I do now?  I would like to finish the setup.

Offline ZbynekR

• Avast team
Re: Incompatible Router - and can't login
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 11:55:02 AM »
Hi Michael1060,

You can try to manually pair the Hub with your router by using the "Manual DHCP" option. It should help to pair Avast Omni with your router.

In the Avast Omni app, go to Menu > Settings > Omni and click on Start manual setup in the “Manual Omni hub setup” section. Follow the on-screen instructions. After that, your Omni should be working properly.
Here is a step-by-step guide with screenshots:
https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/Omni-DHCP-setup/

The error with the message "form.error.noomnipaidiic" has been fixed on 5/27/2020, so you can log in as usual.

Thanks, Zbynek