Author Topic: Router Asus GT-AX11000  (Read 3396 times)

Offline hallraker

Router Asus GT-AX11000
« on: April 15, 2020, 01:24:01 AM »
Read in a FAQ that you wanted to know which routers the customers were using. I have 3 of these in an Ai mesh. The omni is working, but I would note that I was unable to set it up on a PC that was connecting to one of the routers that is just an access point and not the gateway to the internet (2 access points and 1 gateway which is also an AP). It would fail out with various messages during the final part of the installation. Once I moved to a PC on the same router to which the omni is attached (gateway), the installation worked without issue. It's only been online for a few hours, so will report any problems.

Offline hallraker

Re: Router Asus GT-AX11000
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 06:45:23 PM »
Just had to cut the power as I am using the network for work and school. Started getting strange behavior. One of the omni apps that is behind an AP, and not directly attached to the router, lost all knowledge that it had an omni hub connected - like it had never been configured. Very odd. I'll try to troubleshoot it later when the entire family is not online to see if it was really the source of the issues. Everything appears to be working now, but the Asus mesh system is not perfect.

Can I ask - is the hub monitoring wifi also? Why not give it the explicit password so that it can be a valid client? My router appears to know that it is being accessed via two interfaces by the same device.

Please advise and thanks!

Offline hallraker

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 06:49:37 PM »
Ok - so I guess the windows pc was logged out of my account which is why I did not see the hub. It now shows it as offline.

Offline ZbynekR

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 12:36:17 PM »
Hi hallraker,
I'm sorry for the delayed reply. We have a nice KB article with supported network topologies - https://support.avast.com/article/68/. It might answer your questions. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks, Zbynek