Author Topic: avast sbs exhange plugin and event id 90  (Read 5844 times)

stewconsut

avast sbs exhange plugin and event id 90
« on: August 24, 2006, 10:09:18 PM »
We have sbs server 2003 (SP1) (exchange SP2) installed. I licensed avast after trying it and liking it. But since I have licensed avast, it is no longer reporting finding any viruses in the event logs nor in the exchange plugin. The DEMO showed showed it was finding viruses in both. The exchange and smtp plugins say they are scanning files but no viruses are reported.

I am worried that my licensed avast is no longer catching any viruses. HELP!

Also, We are getting many event ID 90 events in the event logs. Here are 2 examples of such events:

AAVM - scanning warning: x_AavmCheckFileDirectEx [UNI]: C:\DATA\generaluse\Sales and Marketing\DESI History.doc (C:\DATA\generaluse\Sales and Marketing\DESI History.doc) returning error, 00000005. 

Storage query "INSERT INTO LocalEvents (Event, ObjectName, ObjectId, Param1, Param2, GenTime) VALUES (-2113918213, '', 0, 'x_AavmCheckFileDirectEx [UNI]: C:\DATA\generaluse\Sales and Marketing\Diversified is your proven partner in trade show efforts.doc (C:\DATA\generaluse\Sales and Marketing\Diversified is your proven partner in trade show efforts.doc) returning error', '00000005', 1156357485);" failed. Error description: "unable to open database file [14]".