Author Topic: Avast Premium Security Firewall Logs are Blank  (Read 1624 times)

Offline chava2

Avast Premium Security Firewall Logs are Blank
« on: December 01, 2019, 08:15:40 PM »
I just upgraded to Avast Premium Security V. 19.8.2393.  When I access the firewall logs for blocked traffic it is blank.  I had Comodo previously and it always showed blocked traffic.  It is set at default for 1 weeks results.

Second problem is that I have tried repeatedly to change the 1 weeks to 1 months and it remains at 1 weeks.

Any ideas on rectifying these two problems.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Avast Premium Security Firewall Logs are Blank
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 12:02:31 PM »
Hi,

If it does not show any then none was blocked (I do not have any for 1 week but I do have for 1 month).

Concerning the second issue.
Please try to uninstall and then reinstall Avast Premium Security.
https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/94

Offline chava2

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 04:16:17 AM »
Thank you for the response.  Uninstall/reinstall looks pretty complicated.  I was hoping there might be something simple that is keeping the settings from holding when I change them.

Regarding the empty firewall log, it just seems that there should be something blocked, even for one week. 

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 08:53:48 AM »
...I was hoping there might be something simple that is keeping the settings from holding when I change them.

Hi, maybe I misunderstood you.
If you are referring to the settings not holding once you have changed it, by default it will revert to 1 week.

Offline chava2

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 04:55:19 PM »
Thank you.  Maybe I'm missing the whole concept of the Firewall Logs Settings.  The default setting for "Clear Logs Older Than" is 1 week.  I can select up to one year or more.  So, if that setting keeps defaulting back to clearing the logs that are over 1 week old, how can I possibly see the logs for one month or one year?

If I change the 1 week to 1 year, it should stay at one year, not keep defaulting back to 1 week.  That just doesn't make sense to me.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 11:12:38 AM »
Thank you.  Maybe I'm missing the whole concept of the Firewall Logs Settings.  The default setting for "Clear Logs Older Than" is 1 week.  I can select up to one year or more.  So, if that setting keeps defaulting back to clearing the logs that are over 1 week old, how can I possibly see the logs for one month or one year?

If I change the 1 week to 1 year, it should stay at one year, not keep defaulting back to 1 week.  That just doesn't make sense to me.

Bear in mind that it will not clear the logs until you actually press/click "Clear logs older than"