Author Topic: Scan seems to be hanging  (Read 3199 times)

Offline dfleiss

Scan seems to be hanging
« on: December 03, 2019, 10:09:28 AM »
Hello. I'm new here, and I tried to find a solution to this problem by searching the forum but I didn't see it. If I overlooked a solution, please forgive me and point me in the right direction.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S9+, running Android 9 (Pie). I installed an app that included malware and it wasn't showing up in the list of installed apps. I figured that Avast, whose antivirus program I run on my PC, would be able to locate and help me uninstall the rogue app. And it did.

After scanning all my apps, I decided to scan all the files on my phone. I understand that the process takes more time than the app scan. About an hour into the scan, Avast says it's at 88%. A few hours later, it still says that it's at 88%.I noticed that the file name under the scanner isn't changing.

I canceled the scan and restarted the phone, in case the problem was with my phone. When I started a new scan, it did the same thing -- stuck at 88%, with a file related to the same app showing under the scanner.

Should I cancel the second scan, clear the cache for that app and try a third time? Does it sound like I need to adjust one of the settings? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Scan seems to be hanging
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 01:13:42 PM »
Hi, first clear the app data: go to "Android Settings→Applications→Avast Mobile Security→Delete cache and user data", then reinstall the app and run the scan again. Then it should work. If not, please let us know.

Offline dfleiss

Re: Scan seems to be hanging
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 03:48:15 AM »
Thank you so much, Tereza. That worked, and I was able to scan all the files successfully.