Author Topic: Lost of all bookmarks after upgrade avast safezone to avast secure browser  (Read 6171 times)

Offline minicod

yesterday my browser has gone from avast safezone to avast secure browser.
I lost all my bookmarks!
I tried to import without success!
When I start Avast secure browser it starts as a "person 2" and I does not find an option to switch users.
I am completely lost, can anyone help me?
PS: I am French but all the posts being in English, I write in English, excuse for the faults!

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
Welcome minicod,

Not a problem we speak what we learn...  I suggest you go to this FAQ by Avast here:  https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Secure-Browser-FAQ

Troubleshooting is where you should start.  Just know that Avast SafeZone Browser has not been supported for almost a year now, sorry you lost your bookmarks....

You can save them in the future by clicking 3 dots . . . and then selecting Import/Export (Export saves your bookmarks, Import puts bookmarks into ASB).  Always backup bookmarks or other personal files you do not want to lose...

See attached below:
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

Offline minicod

Hi mchain,
Thanks a lot for your answer. I already read informations at your url and this did not help me.
I'll just ask you two question :
Could you tell me in what file are stocked bookmarks in both safezone and ASB ? are those files crypted ?
As mentioned in my first post, when I start ASB it is starting as a "user 2" ! just after the magration from Safezone to ASB I remember I had a window and he asked me how to start. I remember I could chose to start as a guest an so on ... May be I did something wrong.
I searched how to switch user and did not found the way. Do you have some information about that.
Thank you in advance for your update.
Kind regards,
Dominique.

Offline steve588

Re: Lost of all bookmarks after upgrade avast safezone to avast secure browser
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 10:38:46 AM »
I have the same problem. How did you recover your bookmarks?