Author Topic: Avast Browser It opens only every so often.  (Read 4490 times)

Offline edycrp

Avast Browser It opens only every so often.
« on: December 06, 2019, 10:28:57 AM »
It opens only every so often.
When I open windows and I am doing anything, the avast browser opens only for no reason. I don't know why he does it, because I don't have it programmed to do this, because I have taken away the option to open automatically when starting windows.
I have uninstalled it twice for the same reason, and I have reinstalled it because I like this browser, but the truth is that I do not understand the reason why it does so, because I have searched all the basic options that the browser has and not I found nothing to give me a clue why he does this.
It opens only without any apparent cause, as I just logged in from windows I left the machine just for a moment waiting for it to load the desktop and programs in the icon bar and out of nowhere without even touching the mouse or keyboard, it Start the avast browser for no apparent reason.
I have formatted my computer twice because of a higher capacity ssd disk update, and in both windows installations it comes back and does the same thing to always reopen only the avast browser, so it can't be something I did wrong on the computer , it cannot be that the same happens in two clean installations.
Can you help me in this please, because the only solution that I have found has been to uninstall it, but I do not want to remove it because I like to use it and more for your banking option in which I protect my card in the purchases I make online.
Thank you for reading my question and waiting for some help to clarify this mystery.
Cheers...

Offline Gulnara A

• Avast team
Re: Avast Browser It opens only every so often.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 06:02:02 PM »
It opens only every so often.
When I open windows and I am doing anything, the avast browser opens only for no reason. I don't know why he does it, because I don't have it programmed to do this, because I have taken away the option to open automatically when starting windows.
I have uninstalled it twice for the same reason, and I have reinstalled it because I like this browser, but the truth is that I do not understand the reason why it does so, because I have searched all the basic options that the browser has and not I found nothing to give me a clue why he does this.
It opens only without any apparent cause, as I just logged in from windows I left the machine just for a moment waiting for it to load the desktop and programs in the icon bar and out of nowhere without even touching the mouse or keyboard, it Start the avast browser for no apparent reason.

Hi, edycrp

I'd recommend you to disable option "Launch Avast Secure Browser automatically when your computer starts" in browser Settings [ secure://settings/ ]
OR try to close browser before restart PC

How many times your browser opened automatically after restart PC?

« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 06:04:58 PM by Gulnara A »

Offline edycrp

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 02:56:24 PM »
Thank you for responding, but I don't know if you read what I wrote  ???, because if you read it completely, not only the title, you will have seen that I put that option to disable it, because I do not understand why the programmers installed it, because it is uncomfortable. I already checked everything and that option is the first thing I remove but not even this action is removed from opening only the Avast Browser without me turning it on, and there is nothing that tells me which is the trigger of this option to be able to turn it off and That doesn't bother me anymore.  :-\ :-\ :-\
answering your question of how many times it opens, it is random, because sometimes it does not open at all the time I use the machine and other times it opens one to three times. On one occasion it was opened so many times, that I chose to turn it off and uninstall it, and reinstalled it a month later to see if a new installation took that away, but it remains the same and I don't know which is the trigger that makes the browser run this action.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 03:00:35 PM by edycrp »

Offline Lucifer66

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 03:43:23 PM »
YEAH, I KEEP UN-CHECKING THE "OPEN SECURE BROWSER ON STARTUP" BOX, BUT THE DAMN THING UP KEEPS RESETTING ITSELF TO ON!
I AM USING CAPS HERE BECAUSE YOU GUYS DON'T SEEM TO READ POSTS VERY WELL.

Like most anti-virus stuff, I don't like to use it because it uses too much resources. What good is having all this security when it makes my computer a brick? You guys really need to balance security and performance a lot better. Maybe you should have a performance mode that turns off a bunch of crap I don't even need, like this stupid browser.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 03:53:26 PM by Lucifer66 »