Author Topic: Avast suddenly run a smart scan  (Read 3021 times)

Offline fuggatroller

Avast suddenly run a smart scan
« on: December 06, 2019, 03:34:01 PM »
Today avast suddenly run a smart scan while i am using my computer. How could this happen?

Offline Ilie I.

• Got rogue
Re: Avast suddenly run a smart scan
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 03:45:48 PM »
Maybe the scan is scheduled to be ran once a month. Check here:
https://support.avast.com/en-my/article/Antivirus-PC-virus-scan

Offline fuggatroller

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 04:05:32 PM »
Maybe the scan is scheduled to be ran once a month. Check here:
https://support.avast.com/en-my/article/Antivirus-PC-virus-scan

Is scheduled scan turn on by default? Because i don't remember i ever turn on scheduled scan, I don't even know where to check scheduled scan setting.

Or maybe there is pop up that ask you to run smart scan and i accidentally press the pop up?

Offline Ilie I.

• Got rogue
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 05:20:43 PM »
No. When you installed Avast for the first time, and you've ran the first Smart Scan, at the end of the scan you were asked if you want to run Smart Scan once a month. Maybe you forgotten to uncheck that option, and this is the reason.

If you want to see the scheduled tasks open Avast, go to Protection---Virus Scans----Custom Scans, and see if I was right.

Also, tell me when you installed Avast.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 05:23:54 PM by Ilie I. »

Offline fuggatroller

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 01:18:27 AM »
No. When you installed Avast for the first time, and you've ran the first Smart Scan, at the end of the scan you were asked if you want to run Smart Scan once a month. Maybe you forgotten to uncheck that option, and this is the reason.

If you want to see the scheduled tasks open Avast, go to Protection---Virus Scans----Custom Scans, and see if I was right.

Also, tell me when you installed Avast.

Yes, you are right. Scheduled scan run on day 6th 22:22 every month and this is the same time when avast suddenly pop up and does a smart scan yesterday. Just for your information my time zone is GMT+8

If i want to remove the Scheduled  scan, do i need to remove both or just smart scan ?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2019, 01:35:50 AM »
Since the Quick Scan isn't scheduled, no real need to delete it.

You could simply delete the Smart scan schedule entry using the three ... dots menu option to the right of the Scan Now button. My advice would be to go in and set Smart Scan frequency to Never.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 01:37:48 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security