Author Topic: Applock screen does not show number pad in Samsung Dex  (Read 4436 times)

Offline balamrg77

Applock screen does not show number pad in Samsung Dex
« on: December 09, 2019, 09:12:05 AM »
I have samsung dex for PC installed and have my phone connected to PC via USB cable. When starting application locked using AppLock, the lock screen to enter password appears in Samsung Dex for Desktop screen but no number pad appears. The applock screen can be closed using X button and I am able to access the app locked by AppLock without entering password.

Regards,

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Applock screen does not show number pad in Samsung Dex
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 01:23:46 PM »
Hi, I can confirm we do not support Dex and never have optimized our apps for it. Therefore it is possible some problems will occur.
Your comment has been forwarded to the team, though, they will discuss it at the nearest occassion.
Thanks for understanding.

Offline someonesimages

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 11:02:35 AM »
Not supporting it is bad news for me.  It is your right to do so, but an option in your software to "disable all unsupported features if phone is running Samsung DeX".

A note for the first poster, you can also just hit "ESC" instead of clicking on the "X" to close the blank Avast window.  It is a little quicker.

Tonight I purchased Avast Ultimate, and then purchased Avast Cleaner.  But seeing the lack of interest for supporting DeX is bad news for me.  I will see how I like Avasts two products I purchased in the next few days, if I find that there are too many annoyances while running DeX, I will cancel my subscriptions and just look around and see what other DeX users are doing.

DeX is new, and I have no doubt will be a massive hit for commuters like me who do not like hauling around a laptop.  With DeX i only need a keyboard, mouse, and a $20 HDMI / Hub.  I can use the TV's in motel rooms, or easily use a "just in case" 24" LCD that I leave in my car.

I've used Avast for decades on my desktop (Windows) computers, and have only recently started using and developing with my Android based smartphone.  So using AV on a phone has a learning curve, and wasn't surprised that DeX would be my first snag.

Please tell your team to at least make your applications easy to work along side DeX if not supporting it.  It would be nice to have a way to use Avast when not using DeX, and when using DeX, have a way to not be constantly reminded to escape the blank screen.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 11:04:51 AM by someonesimages »

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 10:42:36 AM »
Hi, thanks for your comment, it has been forwarded to the team.