Author Topic: e-mails blocked as spam when using their VPN  (Read 3312 times)

Offline ColinWB

e-mails blocked as spam when using their VPN
« on: December 09, 2019, 03:05:51 PM »
Am in Europe and have used Avast's VPN to appear in England but I find more and more e-mails get blocked as spam and get refered to spamhaus.  I then have to copy the message to notebook, open Avast, switch off VPN, open email editor, paste messageand send.  Too much, much too much of an effort and too expensive an app.  I shall not renew. 

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: e-mails blocked as spam when using their VPN
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 04:22:19 PM »
Hi,

Could you provide us with the Virtual IP (Avast VPN location IP) that is being blocked by Spamhaus?
In the meantime, you could try to connect to a different VPN location.

You could also set up a VPN bypass route.
Please see this guide: https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/SecureLine-VPN-exclude-server

Offline Paul976

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 09:06:33 PM »
I have been having the same problem for a number of weeks. I work and travel in Europe but my home base is Australia. I have my VPN location set to Melbourne, Australia but cannot send any emails at all. If I turn the VPN off everything is ok. I have the same problem with my Android phone. Again, if I turn the VPN off, no problems. At least my phone gives me a message telling my IP has been blacklisted. The error message reads, "Error 554 5.7.1 Connection refused - OB115. 5.62.21.133 is blacklisted. If you believe this to be in error, please contact...". I can't read the rest of the message but hope that helps find a fix. I pay a lot for a service that is giving me grief right now.

Offline YahayKa

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 01:23:46 AM »
may I know if theirs a way to do an website exclusion on VPN software itself not on the security software???

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 01:22:05 PM »
may I know if theirs a way to do an website exclusion on VPN software itself not on the security software???

Hi,
It is not possible to do so with the VPN software itself.
You set up a VPN bypass route.
Please see this guide: https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/SecureLine-VPN-exclude-server