Author Topic: Do Avast offer a no-malware certification pf app releases?  (Read 2717 times)

Offline ilias_8651

Do Avast offer a no-malware certification pf app releases?
« on: December 10, 2019, 08:45:33 AM »
Hi, we are thinking about publishing some Windows and other applications independently, and interested if Avast can perform an anti-malware checks of the published builds and addons, and confirm them malware-free on it's official resource?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 08:47:41 AM by ilias.bort »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Do Avast offer a no-malware certification pf app releases?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 09:40:03 AM »
Is this what you need?

Support: Avast file whitelisting
https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB229#artTitle

Support: Avast Clean Guidelines
https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB228#artTitle

you can also upload and check file(s) here  www.virustotal.com

Offline ilias_8651

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 06:55:32 PM »

1st and last links seem to be the answers, but the both cases are imply manual loading of the files for the testing .

So, for example, if i package the app and send it to the testing, i can then replace some prepared code with malware and repackage the app, then equalize the files modification date and publish the malware version . Is it wrong?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 09:33:27 PM »
Submission of files, in regard to link 1 doesn't mean everything is fine from there on in.

Having a digital signature is more likely to achieve a long(er) term whitelisting.
Quote from: Extract from link 1, Article 299
Vendors who sign their applications with digital signatures can apply for whitelisting via their digital signature. This type of whitelisting is provided to a limited number of digital signatures, and only if the software developer has a clean track record.

Files that are digitally signed, if changes would essentially break that digital signature and probably the whitelisting too if it were not digitally signed.

In regard to the virustotal link, if only a few virus scans detect a file, that information could be sent to those vendors in much the same way as if only a few don't detect it, that too would be sent.  This however wouldn't stop avast from scanning it, just that any false positive detection (signature) could be corrected.

As an Avast user, I can't go into any detail as to how Avast go about this process.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline ilias_8651

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2019, 03:07:12 AM »
Thanks both for the answers .

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2019, 10:19:32 AM »
You're welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security