Author Topic: How to disable annoying "license expired" pop-up  (Read 6216 times)

Offline Serkan16

How to disable annoying "license expired" pop-up
« on: December 11, 2019, 12:42:28 PM »
My subscription is expired for a while and I DO NOT think to renew it for a while also.

But what ever I tried to disable the "reactivate now" pop-up, I could not managed to do so.

These pop-ups are harassing me.  I KNOW MY SUBSCRIPTION IS EXPIRED DUDE. Please do not remind it to me again.

How can I disable it?  I started to think switching to another av provider.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: How to disable annoying "license expired" pop-up
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 04:30:40 PM »
Hi,

Have you tried to disable all popup notifications?
Please see this article: https://support.avast.com/en-ca/article/Antivirus-popup-notifications

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 05:17:38 PM »
My subscription is expired for a while and I DO NOT think to renew it for a while also.

But what ever I tried to disable the "reactivate now" pop-up, I could not managed to do so.

These pop-ups are harassing me.  I KNOW MY SUBSCRIPTION IS EXPIRED DUDE. Please do not remind it to me again.

How can I disable it?  I started to think switching to another av provider.

You don't say what program/license that has 'expired' ?
If it is a paid version of Avast Premium, then the program is going to nag you to renew/pay.  This would be pretty much the sam with other paid program versions when their subscription/license expires.

If you don't want to renew and you don't want the nags, there is a simple way to do this.  From the control panel, programs, uninstall a program and select avast antivirus, during this process you would be offered to install Avast Free instead.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline David230

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2022, 11:57:37 AM »
The "licence expired renew now" pop up has started to appear several times per day now and is VERY annoying.  I have disabled pop ups under settings but these are still appearing.  How can I turn them off please ?  Thank you.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2022, 01:22:30 PM »
The "licence expired renew now" pop up has started to appear several times per day now and is VERY annoying.  I have disabled pop ups under settings but these are still appearing.  How can I turn them off please ?  Thank you.

Hi,

Is this with Avast Premium Security or Free?