Author Topic: Amcrest Surveillance Pro and Avast Firewall  (Read 1150 times)

Offline mccollum

Amcrest Surveillance Pro and Avast Firewall
« on: December 15, 2019, 01:55:29 AM »
Security camera software... running fine until upgraded to Avast Premium...  I use my local PC as the NVR... while the recordings are still being made, the PCNVR.exe file appears to have a problem getting through the Firewall... After restarting my PC... the PC-NVR (my local PC) shows offline... can't be found... turn the firewall off and amazingly there it is... amcrest directory and sub-folders are in the white list / exception groups... anyone see this before...?  any clues on why this is happening...?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Amcrest Surveillance Pro and Avast Firewall
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 02:02:22 AM »
Is your firewall in puplic or private mode? .... if in puplic try private and reboot

Setting up Firewall Application Rules in Avast Antivirus
https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/Antivirus-Firewall-Application-Rules

=================================================================

NOTE:The Network profiles control the settings which determine how strictly Firewall protects your PC.

Private: a lower level of security suitable for when your PC is connected to a trusted network such as your home or work network.
This profile enables better connectivity, and permits all communication within the network.

Public: a higher level of security suitable for when your PC is connected to a public network such as in a cafe or airport.
Because public networks present greater security risks, no incoming communication is permitted when this profile is set.

=================================================================