Author Topic: Really? Spying on people on the internet now?  (Read 15741 times)

Offline Armel_08

• Sometimes I'm active on this board, and sometimes I'm not.
Really? Spying on people on the internet now?
« on: December 19, 2019, 04:13:38 AM »
Seriously Avast? This morning I was confused because my avast extension has been disabled. and when I tried to look at what happened, apparently it was removed because it was spying on people. Not just collecting history, they check how many tabs do you have open, what websites do you visit and when, how much time do you spend reading/watching the contents, what do you click there and when do you switch to another tab. This is beyond ridiculous and the only reason I have Avast is that I want my privacy to be safe and to protect against these types of things, yet Avast is acting like the malware that people downloaded and some PAID FOR to defend against. And I hate how Avast just gives a bullcrap cookie-cutter response saying that it's "anonymous" because it doesn't matter when they already know what I do online and they SELL it to other companies. Really disappointed right now and might switch if this crap keeps happening. I suggest if you have Avast or AVG extensions to uninstall them immediately and get something else like Malwarebytes Browser Guard or UBlock.
It's okay to be paranoid about your security, as long as you're protected!

Offline senhordaguerra

Re: Really? Spying on people on the internet now?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 08:36:02 AM »
Do not trust all information that is disclosed in the media or press. The user can change this

Open Avast -> Menu-> Settings-> General -> Personal Privacy
Uncheck the checked options

A message from Avast CEO Ondrej Vlcek

https://blog.avast.com/pt-br/a-message-from-ceo-ondrej-vlcek
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 08:39:07 AM by senhordaguerra »