Author Topic: Agent version  (Read 19547 times)

Offline Lukas Mizoch

Agent version
« on: December 19, 2019, 10:24:23 AM »
Hi, I noticed on some computers old agent version. Should I do something about that or it will update itself? Because it's version from September it's weird it did not update yet.

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
Re: Agent version
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 10:34:52 AM »
Same here.  :-\

Offline mschedler1

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 08:48:55 PM »
Here also... and in red with exclamation point... like it's something needing urgent attention.
I spent an hour or so searching for any documentation or issue that would give me some idea about what to do. It appears that this version number matches the client installer (see Avast Business in Windows Programs and Features panel)... but that doesn't provide a solution other then uninstall every client and re-install... which would suck.
If it can be ignored or if its not important, then it shouldn't be red with an exclamation point.

Offline mickey.b

• Business Senior Support Technician
  • Avast team
    • Avast Business Technical Support
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 10:55:10 PM »
Hi, I noticed on some computers old agent version. Should I do something about that or it will update itself? Because it's version from September it's weird it did not update yet.

Avast is supposed to update automatically, unless you disabled automatic program updates in the General Settings. Have you tried scheduling an Program Update Task for these devices? Have they been restarted recently?
- Mickey B.
Avast Business Senior Support Technician
https://www.avast.com/business/support

Offline Lukas Mizoch

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 10:56:22 PM »
Agent version has nothing common with program version.

Offline Randy16randy

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 11:34:17 PM »
I am seeing this as well where the console (v7.16.751) shows for a client Agent Version 4.10.80 and "new version is available: 4.16.233 from 9 Sep 2019".   On one machine it also had disabled Mail shield and could not get it to enable.   I reinstalled the client but no change.   Finally in the console I moved the device to an Unmanaged group, it updated the agent to 4.18.349, then I added back to the group it should be in.  All looks good on it now other than definitions are from yesterday even though auto update is on.  Weird.

Offline mickey.b

• Business Senior Support Technician
  • Avast team
    • Avast Business Technical Support
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 09:20:38 PM »
I am seeing this as well where the console (v7.16.751) shows for a client Agent Version 4.10.80 and "new version is available: 4.16.233 from 9 Sep 2019".   On one machine it also had disabled Mail shield and could not get it to enable.   I reinstalled the client but no change.   Finally in the console I moved the device to an Unmanaged group, it updated the agent to 4.18.349, then I added back to the group it should be in.  All looks good on it now other than definitions are from yesterday even though auto update is on.  Weird.

Did changing the group fix both issues, or just the agent version? I ask because the disabled Mail Shield could be a known bug issue (bug ticket# AV-21285). To verify, copy/paste the C:\ProgramData\Avast Software\Avast\log\AvastSvc.log file to the Desktop folder and open it with a text editor such as Notepad. If you see an error similar to what's listed below, then it's probably related to the known bug issue:

[error  ] [aavm       ] [ 1416: 1620] AavmProviderUpdateConfiguration Prov: EmailShield
Exception: provider is not running
Code: 0x80046102 (-2147196670)
- Mickey B.
Avast Business Senior Support Technician
https://www.avast.com/business/support

Offline PUOLEPARG

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2020, 09:53:02 AM »
Hello

I have past the last version 20.1 on exchange server 2010
Sur Exchange 2010, With Avast business Pro, after update engine On march 2020, the transport service and exchange are crashed (dependancy service,...) and even if uninstall + avastclear + reinstall the problem is same!!!it's very bad this update

Offline Lukas Mizoch

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2020, 11:13:33 AM »
Hello

I have past the last version 20.1 on exchange server 2010
Sur Exchange 2010, With Avast business Pro, after update engine On march 2020, the transport service and exchange are crashed (dependancy service,...) and even if uninstall + avastclear + reinstall the problem is same!!!it's very bad this update

How is this related to agent version?

Offline PUOLEPARG

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2020, 11:37:40 AM »
Hello

20.1 is the version of avast agent in business pro products
IS used Avast management console ONPREMISE for deploy Exchange avast module
with or without Exchange Transport module
THe problem is the same

I have more problems and send and received emails on exchange since this new version
avast 20.1.2581

Offline Lukas Mizoch

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2020, 11:43:18 AM »
No, latest agent version is 4.19.360. You are talking about program version.

Offline PUOLEPARG

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2020, 04:32:25 PM »
20.1.2581 (version 20.1.5069.562)200327-016,380,6611.0.457

Offline jjunc

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2020, 04:22:01 PM »
My workstations Agent version is 4.10.80  With the warning messageL  New Version is available: 4.19.360 from 13 Feb 2010

They are not updating.  I tried moving a workstation to the default group and left it sitting there for a couple of days, but it did not update.  How do I get these workstations to update?

Program version 20.2 (2584)  - this program update is causing workstations to have an application crash every 5 minutes.  I have already opened a help ticket on that problem on 4/22/20.

Virus Definitions are up to date.

I still have the one workstation in the installed default group which has all the default shields/components active.  (all enabled except real site)

subscription products Antivirus Pro
console version 7.16.751

Offline jjunc

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2020, 04:03:27 PM »
Some of my workstations have updated the Agent when I checked today.  The only thing that has changed was I installed the newest Java SE version 8u251 on the server this Sunday due to a security vulnerability.  Hopefully all of them will eventually update.

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2020, 04:38:28 PM »
From Avast (other post: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=233738.0):

Hello, I can confirm the issue happening with some outdated Agent version (namely 4.16 and older) where Agent were continuously requesting an update to 4.19.

Yesterday we released fix so the update process will work again for both Cloud and On-Premise. We will work on mitigating the issue so it won't happen again in the future.

Can you confirm that your active Agents are now on version 4.19 (and newer) ?