Author Topic: 4.1  (Read 11209 times)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:4.1
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2004, 10:22:10 PM »
Actually, the things written above are true - when you schedule the boot-time scan for the second time, it is canceled.
However, your registry keys got corrupted somehow (probably some other program (maybe already uninstalled) left in in a "bad" state).
Now, when everything's OK, you can try it again - scheduling the boot-time scan makes it perform only once. If you schedule it twice (before restarting), the boot-time scan is canceled and not performed at all.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2004, 11:26:27 PM »
However, your registry keys got corrupted somehow (probably some other program (maybe already uninstalled) left in in a "bad" state).

A little off-topic but, igor, could this thing happen with the keys:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\VirtualDeviceDrivers]"VDD"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\VirtualDeviceDrivers]"VDD"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet001\Control\VirtualDeviceDrivers]"VDD"

when avast! is installed concurrent with Norton Utilities and Norton Cleansweep. The entry for avast! repeats like a loop:

C:\ARQUIV~1\Symantec\S32EVNT1.DLL
C:\Arquivos de programas\Avast\aswMonVd.dll

Strange  ::)
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2004, 12:35:40 AM »
Hmm, I don't know... what is the type of the values? I believe this problem occurs only with REG_MULTI_SZ items...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2004, 02:03:55 AM »
Hmm, I don't know... what is the type of the values? I believe this problem occurs only with REG_MULTI_SZ items...

Yeah, bingo! REG_MULTI_SZ...
If you correct it I'll be happy  ;D

pmac

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2004, 02:04:53 AM »
A side note that maybe of help is that I had norton systems installed about 3 months ago. I had some problems with it and removed it from the computer. When I was installing Avast it told me norton was still there. I used find in regedit to find the entry. I found a total of 30 different line entries that I deleted. That could be what caused my problem.

Anyway it is fixed now. Thanks for all your help.

cheers   mac         :o ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2004, 02:18:47 AM »
A side note that maybe of help is that I had norton systems installed about 3 months ago. I had some problems with it and removed it from the computer. When I was installing Avast it told me norton was still there. I used find in regedit to find the entry. I found a total of 30 different line entries that I deleted. That could be what caused my problem.

Anyway it is fixed now. Thanks for all your help.

cheers   mac         :o ;D

Yeah, we know Norton mess everything. You can read more here. Take a deep breath!  ;D