Author Topic: avast antivirus for android  (Read 4077 times)

Offline Romeo_60

avast antivirus for android
« on: January 08, 2020, 09:49:42 PM »

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: avast antivirus for android
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 11:50:11 AM »
Hi, please add more details of what's happened, in English, thank you.

Offline Romeo_60

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 08:17:11 PM »
In response to your request for further explanation regarding the malicious software that affected my Mi2 lite phone, I would like to clarify the following:
1) the phone with a vodafone subscription, at home connects via wifi to the vodafone network via a vodafone station revolution model HHG2500.
2) computers with the windos operating system of the home subnet have Avast antivirus:
AVAST PREMIUM SECURITY
AVAST CLEANUP
AVAST PASSWORDS
with valid subscription.
2) an Avast Mobile Sicurity version was installed on the mi2 lite phone

3) some time ago for a similar episode they robbed me of the money available for recharging but with a reset to factory conditions it seemed all solved.

4) on this occasion, the malicious software infected the phone in an even more aggressive way, as I was not able to understand from which port the phone's Android 9.1 operating system might have accessed, but it was also not possible to eradicate through a reset to factory conditions: as soon as it is turned on, the software takes control of the operating system of the phone, even in SIM axis, with blutouth disconnected and no wifi network.

In these days we will try to somehow reinstall a new version of the software by rewriting its memory.

I remain at your disposal for all the necessary information and thank you for any support.

With best regards
Romeo Ceccato
(sorry for my elementary english)

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 09:59:51 PM »
Hi, we've consulted your issue with several colleagues and all agree it seems to be a hardware problem - as if one part of your screen is being pressed on. If you have your device serviced, please let us know what the expert said, we are curious about the exact cause, thanks.

Regarding the "Recharge money", have you contacted your operator? If you are referring to a pre-paid credit on SIM card, then your operator is the only instance that can help you. One of the colleagues says the broken screen might have enabled some feature or is downloading some data, if it helps.

Offline Romeo_60

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 01:53:28 PM »
I picked up the phone and the technician told me that he replaced a capacitor directly connected to a CPU pin in the lower left corner.
I can't tell if this was the cause or effect of some other problem.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 10:42:13 AM »
I guess that might have exactly been the cause, especially if your phone works fine now. Thanks for the update.