Author Topic: Avast VPN not turning off and hanging Windows 10 Sshutdown  (Read 31484 times)

Offline Echo Ridge

Re: Avast VPN not turning off and hanging Windows 10 Sshutdown
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2020, 09:09:22 AM »
once you turn on "allow Beta versions" in the settings of Malwarebytes and hit "Update" again it downloads the Beta version and.....

ALL WORKING BACK TO NORMAL AGAIN.

Thanks Avast for your work tracking it down and nudging to fix the problem! i must say im most impressed with your response

I can confirm that this fix also worked for me.  I had the same issues as other members posted here but the steps above worked first time.  Thank you.   

Offline J2roc

« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2020, 04:49:42 PM »
Just want to add one more thing.

The beta seemed a cosmetic fix as I found it kept crashing and restarting on my computer. MB responded to my ticket saying that I need to do a clean install to a new update. I did that. Again, the
two issues that bugged me (VPN and Western Digital interactions) are gone, but MB still keeps crashing and restarting several times a day. The Windows Reliability Monitor is as ugly as ever -- and I doubt it can show a lower reading!

I have replied to the tech who was handling my ticket about the instability.

So, I am pulling the plug on MB, at least for the time being.

I can hear bob3061 saying "I told you so"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2020, 05:35:48 PM »

The beta seemed a cosmetic fix as I found it kept crashing and restarting on my computer. MB responded to my ticket saying that I need to do a clean install to a new update. I did that. Again, the
two issues that bugged me (VPN and Western Digital interactions) are gone, but MB still keeps crashing and restarting several times a day. The Windows Reliability Monitor is as ugly as ever -- and I doubt it can show a lower reading!

:) Just use MB on demand till this is totally fixed.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline Echo Ridge

« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2020, 02:03:35 AM »

That's unfortunate indeed.  Mine has been working fine since but I'll be keeping an eye on it.  Not sure if it means anything but I have a lifetime license of Malwarebytes with program version 4.0.4 Malwarebytes (Premium).  In addition, I only have the Avast Secureline installed.  I don't have Avast Internet Security etc, only the standalone Secureline subscription.

Up until a couple of days ago, I had never had an issue with these two working with each other.  Everything seems good now though (fingers crossed).

Offline Darren119

« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2020, 11:17:44 AM »
all of a sudden, yesterday, this problem HAS RETURNED!!!??? EXACTLY the same problem, spinning red switch that never stops spinning into off, i need to reboot to get back internet access?

has Malwarebytes screwed us again? anyone else had it return?

Offline Rhenzi

« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2020, 10:42:52 PM »
all of a sudden, yesterday, this problem HAS RETURNED!!!??? EXACTLY the same problem, spinning red switch that never stops spinning into off, i need to reboot to get back internet access?

I just started using Avast VPN a couple of days ago on a Windows 10 Home system and have encountered this behavior also.  I too am using Malwarebytes

Offline J2roc

« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2020, 05:06:27 PM »

Same here! I had dumped MB back in January and everything was fine. Not one to leave things alone (!), I reinstalled it (from the MB website) this morning thinking that they would have ironed out the problems by now. After all I had opened a ticket and explained everything to them before they closed it as I was going to be away for three weeks.

Alas! Right away, I ran into exactly what you say. MB came off the machine once more. Avast VPN is back to normal.

I do not think that I will be touch MB in the foreseeable future ....