Author Topic: Hard drive cleaned message won't go away  (Read 2020 times)

Offline Crisrow

Hard drive cleaned message won't go away
« on: January 13, 2020, 02:01:19 PM »
Hello to the forum,

I have been using Avast (both the free and subscription) for years to great success and I have been very satisfied with the product. A few months back I ran the clean up and it found errors on my hard drive. I let ti clean them to the finish and when I booted the next day, the "hard drive cleaning is done" message came up again. So I closed it out and didn't pay any mind to it.. Then it happened every time I turned on the PC. While the PC seemed to be ok, it was annoying to see that something was not right. I called tech support and together we ran a few apps and they told me my hard drive was failing and I agreed. I purchased a new hard drive and the install went fine. It has been a few months now and a few days ago I ran disk clean up and it found a few probs. After the clean up was finished and the PC restarted, the message was back! It seems to be the same thing all over again, but I now have a good hard drive.
Does anyone know of this and perhaps how to address it?

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Hard drive cleaned message won't go away
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 03:18:24 PM »
Hello to the forum,

I have been using Avast (both the free and subscription) for years to great success and I have been very satisfied with the product. A few months back I ran the clean up and it found errors on my hard drive. I let ti clean them to the finish and when I booted the next day, the "hard drive cleaning is done" message came up again. So I closed it out and didn't pay any mind to it.. Then it happened every time I turned on the PC. While the PC seemed to be ok, it was annoying to see that something was not right. I called tech support and together we ran a few apps and they told me my hard drive was failing and I agreed. I purchased a new hard drive and the install went fine. It has been a few months now and a few days ago I ran disk clean up and it found a few probs. After the clean up was finished and the PC restarted, the message was back! It seems to be the same thing all over again, but I now have a good hard drive.
Does anyone know of this and perhaps how to address it?

Hi,

don't panic, this is a bug in Cleanup product that causes that this screen always pops up after the computer restart even when no fix has been applied before.
Unfortunately there is no workaround for this at the moment so you will have to wait for the next version which should fix the issue.
We apologize for the inconveniences.

Regards.

Offline Crisrow

Re: Hard drive cleaned message won't go away
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 06:18:00 PM »
Got it Stellarman and thanks for the quick reply. It is just annoying and I will await the fix ver..