Author Topic: [SOLVED] Antivirus Status stuck on "Installing"  (Read 5604 times)

Offline Alex2312

[SOLVED] Antivirus Status stuck on "Installing"
« on: January 23, 2020, 01:01:08 PM »
Hi,

i have one Windows 10 client at the Business Dashboard where the Status of Antivirus got stuck on "Installing".
I tried to remove and reinstall avast on that client - but the Status keeps saying "Installing"??
At the client the Avast Software says "You are protected!".

All other Windows 10 clients are okay and got a green protectionshield on the dashboard.
Only that one is "Gray" and says "Installing".

(See attached Screenshot)

Any suggestions how to fix that?

Regards

EDIT: Solved it by myself - using the clean uninstaller (uninstall in windows safe mode and delete all avast folders) and then installing avast fresh again.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 08:47:28 PM by Alex2312 »

Offline mickey.b

• Business Senior Support Technician
  • Avast team
    • Avast Business Technical Support
Re: [SOLVED] Antivirus Status stuck on "Installing"
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 09:30:03 PM »
Hi,

i have one Windows 10 client at the Business Dashboard where the Status of Antivirus got stuck on "Installing".
I tried to remove and reinstall avast on that client - but the Status keeps saying "Installing"??
At the client the Avast Software says "You are protected!".

All other Windows 10 clients are okay and got a green protectionshield on the dashboard.
Only that one is "Gray" and says "Installing".

(See attached Screenshot)

Any suggestions how to fix that?

Regards

EDIT: Solved it by myself - using the clean uninstaller (uninstall in windows safe mode and delete all avast folders) and then installing avast fresh again.

I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve this issue. It's always a good idea to delete any leftover Avast folders in these locations first after uninstall:
  • C:\Program Files
  • C:\Program Files\Common Files
  • C:\Program Files (x86)
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
  • C:\ProgramData (hidden folder)
...before reinstall.
- Mickey B.
Avast Business Senior Support Technician
https://www.avast.com/business/support