Author Topic: Why this happens ? i am worried pls help  (Read 2902 times)

Offline superb1

Why this happens ? i am worried pls help
« on: January 24, 2020, 11:43:11 PM »
Hello everyone

i have two problems

1-my problem is if i don't scan for apps in 3 days the permanent notification (we're always looking for you) disappears is that means the anti-virus stopped or something bad happened ?

2-the bigger problem is today it disappeared and i scanned today and when it disappeared(the message) i scanned again number of times but it didn't shows until i killed the avast and open it again is that normal or it means there is something bad?

please help especially with the second problem

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 11:45:01 PM by superb1 »

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
Re: Why this happens ? i am worried pls help
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 05:42:32 PM »
I think you are you saying the Avast app is being killed on your android phone. There should always be one "Avast is running" notification present. Do not remove that.
Other users have reported similar problems and have been asked to check if they are using a power saving mode or app killer that is closing down Avast app.
See this for example:
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=230270.0

Note it is the weekend, so may have to wait until Monday for Avast staff reponse.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Why this happens ? i am worried pls help
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 07:24:41 PM »
Hi, exactly, you need to go through your device settings and optimizing tools, we always recommend the website www.dontkillmyapp.com, which is a nice summary of how various manufacturers use optimizing features.