Author Topic: Informational about my Avast observation  (Read 4586 times)

doggeral

Informational about my Avast observation
« on: October 14, 2003, 11:51:21 PM »
After the last couple of updates Avast have been putting one of the instances of svchost (no I don't know which one i never checked) to 100% cpu usage.  At least the one I got today gave me the prompt to restart.   This is just an observation i've seen, as when I restart my computer all is well again, but I thougt it was slightly strange.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2003, 11:51:45 PM by doggeral »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:Informational about my Avast observation
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2004, 01:09:33 PM »
I never heard of this before. It could very well being caused by other progs you had running or a small error in the os.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2004, 01:12:22 PM »
After the last couple of updates Avast have been putting one of the instances of svchost (no I don't know which one i never checked) to 100% cpu usage.  At least the one I got today gave me the prompt to restart.   This is just an observation i've seen, as when I restart my computer all is well again, but I thougt it was slightly strange.

I agree with you... Something wrong... disabling avast! went back the CPU useage to normal... I'll do more research. I have to boot three times last weekend. Although, not all the time this was related to avast (I suppose)  :-\
The best things in life are free.

Offline Roman Svihalek

• Avast team
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2004, 01:43:47 PM »
It is possible that you have been infected by Blaster because it have same behaviour - crashing svchost.exe and downcounted restart...
To be sure check your harddrive..

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2004, 08:07:40 PM »
It is possible that you have been infected by Blaster because it have same behaviour - crashing svchost.exe and downcounted restart...
To be sure check your harddrive..

Who? Me?
If avast! can find Blaster and clean it, you can be sure I'm not infected  ;D
The best things in life are free.

Culpeper

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2004, 12:37:29 AM »
I had a couple of hang ups but like Technical not sure if they were Avast related though I suspect it may have been because of an automatic update.  I often miss the blue box notification because it doesn't stay up (I think).