Author Topic: Avast and Avast Cleanup won't open after cleanup/fixing drive  (Read 2161 times)

Offline allanphan2

Avast and Avast Cleanup won't open after cleanup/fixing drive
« on: January 27, 2020, 10:15:54 PM »
I was checking why my computer was still a little slow despite the cleanup avast premium provided me. After scanning my C drive twice and finding errors each time, I tried  to open avast cleanup again. But it didn't open at all despite me clicking the icon. I then tried to check Avast Antivirus, only to learn that it too will not open.

I don't understand how the very clean up program can end up preventing itself from working. And this was happening while I was working, so it has made me quite upset in the process.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Avast and Avast Cleanup won't open after cleanup/fixing drive
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 02:56:20 PM »
I was checking why my computer was still a little slow despite the cleanup avast premium provided me. After scanning my C drive twice and finding errors each time, I tried  to open avast cleanup again. But it didn't open at all despite me clicking the icon. I then tried to check Avast Antivirus, only to learn that it too will not open.

I don't understand how the very clean up program can end up preventing itself from working. And this was happening while I was working, so it has made me quite upset in the process.

Hi,

this is very unfortunate situation and we really apologize for it.

It seems that for some reason the service has stopped working and that's why you cannot start the product. You could try to reboot your computer to see whether it helps to fix the issue but it might be more complicated and there might be several root causes.

In order to be able to help you I would like to ask you to send the log files so we can investigate where the problem is.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe assuming that you have still Avast Cleanup installed on your computer.
Just please add your email address there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.