Author Topic: AVAST BATTERY SAVER POPUP....HOW TO STOP THIS??  (Read 2079 times)

Offline zay

AVAST BATTERY SAVER POPUP....HOW TO STOP THIS??
« on: January 29, 2020, 03:07:34 PM »
Avast premium security on windows 10

Why am i getting this stupid popup every few hours since yesterday...I dont want you to boost my battery thank you

Show offers for our other products is not selected
Show offers for 3rd party products not selected

So why am i getting these popups with you advertising more bloatware that i dont want or need?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 03:38:15 PM by zay »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: AVAST BATTERY SAVER POPUP....HOW TO STOP THIS??
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 05:04:50 PM »
In the paid version of avast You should be able to switch this off (personally I feel it should be off by default for paid version users).

AvastUI > Menu > Settings > Privacy (I believe) and uncheck those 3rd party ads.

Sorry I can't be more precise as I'm using Avast Free and there is no option to disable these ads/promos.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline zay

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 05:58:09 PM »
In the paid version of avast You should be able to switch this off (personally I feel it should be off by default for paid version users).

AvastUI > Menu > Settings > Privacy (I believe) and uncheck those 3rd party ads.

Sorry I can't be more precise as I'm using Avast Free and there is no option to disable these ads/promos.

Thank you but as i wrote in my first post,i have these options not selected (unchecked) so that is why it is so annoying i get this pop up
It is supposed to be disabled if not checked (the options are in the section with the data settings opt outs and i have none of them ticked but started getting this pop up now advertising this new battery saver crap)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 10:30:48 PM »
An image of the battery saver popup might help, as I have never seen it and I'm using avast free with no option to block ads.

I'm also not sure where you are seeing this as I believe this is something related to Avast Mobile Security ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline zay

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 10:42:02 PM »
An image of the battery saver popup might help, as I have never seen it and I'm using avast free with no option to block ads.

I'm also not sure where you are seeing this as I believe this is something related to Avast Mobile Security ?

I have no screenshot of it as i keep dismissing it
It hasnt popped up for a few hours now so i have no picture of it (and i hope it does not come back)
And how do you mean you are not sure where i see it? I see it the same place as every other popup/notification i.e at the bottom corner of my screen above the notification tray
And its nothing to do with mobile security when its on windows 10 unless its spamming adverts for mobile products
Maybe take a look here https://www.avast.com/en-gb/battery-saver-for-windows

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 11:02:21 PM »
My problem is having never seen it myself and this is Avast Free on a windows10 laptop. 

If this is as you suggest Avast Battery Saver for Windows I would have expected to have seen it, however on the link you gave says it is New. 
I guess I have something to look forward to (NOT).

Why it isn't following your settings I don't know.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2020, 11:13:03 AM »

It hasnt popped up for a few hours now so i have no picture of it (and i hope it does not come back)
And how do you mean you are not sure where i see it? I see it the same place as every other popup/notification i.e at the bottom corner of my screen above the notification tray
And its nothing to do with mobile security when its on windows 10 unless its spamming adverts for mobile products

Hi, Thank you for reporting this issue. We will look into it and get back to you.

Offline zay

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2020, 12:36:24 PM »

Hi, Thank you for reporting this issue. We will look into it and get back to you.

Thanks for the reply but no need now.After this and with the recent info that has come to light,like many others im jumping ship and will go with a different program for the future
Thank you