Author Topic: avast!4 home edition isn't working  (Read 6977 times)

ramg

avast!4 home edition isn't working
« on: April 11, 2003, 09:12:12 PM »
i'm using windows 2000 professional operating system(with Service pack 3) and when i installed alast!4 Home edition, after rebooting the computer the icon was with red sign. when i tryed to turn the protection on, appeared a message "Unknown error:storage cannot be created for the splash task. when i press OK, the green box appears where's registration and below it is written, that :"avant is checking the operating system". i waited for 5 to 10 minutes, but nothing happened so i pressed the "stop memory test" it stopped, but two error messages appeared: "unknown error: configuration is not loaded properly. Error dbsCreateObject" followed by "unknown error.program cannot save parameters to the storage!(Error: dbsCreateObject). what should i do? or am i doing something wrong?  i'm using BlackICE aplication protection. maybe it caused this problem? Help me, please :-\
« Last Edit: April 12, 2003, 02:14:11 PM by ramg »

Offline Roman Svihalek

• Avast team
  • I'm a llama!
Re:avast!4 home edition isn't working
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2003, 05:42:44 PM »
Your problem has been already discussed on this forum. It is caused by problem with ODBC or underlying MS Jet driver. My suggestion  to you is to change "Database" key of "data\avast4.ini" file from "ODBC" to "XML" and restart all parts of avast! (or whole operating system).
You can also update these system components - URLs can be found in some older thread.

ramg

Re:avast!4 home edition isn't working
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2003, 10:23:33 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D it's workin' now!! thank's ;D