Author Topic: avast on new computer  (Read 4142 times)

evets

avast on new computer
« on: January 18, 2004, 06:34:37 PM »
            i will be setting up a new computer and would like to use avast on it. how do i go about this? can i use the old license key on download or do i have to go about a whole new everything eventhough my e-mail address is the same/
                                     Evets  ???

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re:avast on new computer
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2004, 06:39:50 PM »
Hi,

This question's been raised quite a few times (don't ask me for links, but I'm sure others will supply them  ;) ).

There seems to be general agreement that there's no problem at all using the same reg. for both provided they're both in the same household and neither one is used for business.

Best,
Mike

(Edit)  Yuk, can't even type, let alone spell -- time for another coffee  :) )
« Last Edit: January 18, 2004, 06:41:29 PM by MikeBCda »
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:avast on new computer
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2004, 07:48:37 PM »
In avast! licensing scheme there are two conditions which qualify the user for free non-limited usage of avast! 4 Home. The rules are clear: home AND non-commercial use.

1) it must be the home usage - so any organisations (non-profit or commercial) are disqualified.
2) there should not be any commercial activity done on the computer which is to be protected by avast!,
i.e., if you use it to make some profit, you also do not qualify for avast! Home usage, even on the home computer.
So both conditions should be met for free program!

Anyway, you can have more than one computer in your house and use the same Registration key...  ;D

Wellcome to forums. In the future, try the 'search' option before posting... You will find your answers even faster than we can post them here  8)
The best things in life are free.