Author Topic: Impossible to choose my location  (Read 11721 times)

Offline Adrien38

Impossible to choose my location
« on: February 17, 2020, 05:00:31 PM »
Hello,
Since I renewed my subscription for Avast Secureline VPN last week-end, and updated the application on Iphone, it is now impossible to choose the location of the server, the option menu that was under the big button "connect" just doesn't exist anymore. I have tried to uninstall/reinstall the application: no change. On my computer (windows), I don't have this problem...
Is it a bug or a consequence of the update?
Thanks for your help.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Impossible to choose my location
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 01:09:25 PM »
Hi,

Which iOS version do you have?
Could you please have a look at this link (https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Uninstall-iOS-SecureLine-VPN) and ensure that you follow the correct method for your iOS version.

Offline Adrien38

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 02:21:55 PM »
Hello,
Thank you for your answer. I have IOS 11. When I delete the app, the VPN configuration profile is also automatically deleted. I just tried again to delete and re-install. When I re-install the app the VPN configuration profile is also automatically configured without any problem. But the location option still doesn’t exist on my app...

Offline KubaV

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 04:32:49 PM »
Hello,

Unfortunately, we couldn't reproduce this issue on any of our devices with iOS 11.
Could you please send us what phone model are you using exactly?
Can you send us what version of the Secureline app are you using on your phone? The version of the app can be found on the bottom part of settings in Avast Secureline.
It would be also helpful if you can share a screenshot of Avast Secureline VPN user interface with the missing option to change the location.

Thank you

Offline Adrien38

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 06:12:17 PM »
Hello,
The version of my app is 5.11.0
I attached here 2 pictures of my screen (vpn connected and not connected)
Thanks for your help

Offline KubaV

• Avast team
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 01:31:53 PM »
Thank you very much for sharing screenshots and all the info with us. We've tried to reproduce this issue here however the location selection was available in the VPN on all devices we've tried it on. Could you please send us a screenshot of Settings -> General -> About screen so we can see the exact version of the system you use?
In case you wouldn't feel sharing the info from the about screen publicly then please send it in private message.

Also is there iOS System update available for your device?

Offline Adrien38

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2020, 06:26:27 PM »
Hello
Ok I will send you the screenshot by private message.
I have the possibility to update my IOS to version 13.3.1 but I don't do it because I am afraid of planned obsolescence through these updates...

Offline Adrien38

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2020, 06:36:05 PM »
Actually it looks like it is impossible to attach a picture to a private message. How should I do?

Offline Adrien38

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2020, 06:50:21 PM »
Hi again,
This is strange because I tried to install the application on my other Iphone (Iphone 6S, IOS 12.3.1), which is a different model (the first one is Iphone 7, IOS 11.3.1), and I have exactly the same problem! No option to choose the location of the server!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2020, 05:48:45 AM »
Actually it looks like it is impossible to attach a picture to a private message. How should I do?
You can upload the screenshot here: ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming/
Pick a unique name (and post it here), so the devs can find it. Thanks
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Adrien38

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2020, 02:51:00 PM »
Thank you but I don't understand how to upload a file on this link. I tried to drag and drop, doesn't seem to work...

Offline Adrien38

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2020, 02:57:19 PM »
Otherwise tell me what info you need exactly so I can copy it by private message

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2020, 05:14:51 PM »
Thank you but I don't understand how to upload a file on this link. I tried to drag and drop, doesn't seem to work...
Uploading files to the Avast FTP server: https://support.avast.com/article/FTP-file-upload
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline jsck0

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2020, 11:09:24 PM »
The same problem here. iOS 13.3.1 on iPad Pro 11, no updates waiting, Avast application version 5.11.0. Tried to delete the app, restarted and reinstalled with the same result.
Screenshot attached on FTP as IMG_314B7849C7B2-1.jpeg, but looks exactly like the one attached to one of the previous replies in this thread.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2020, 03:45:33 PM »
Hi Adrien38 and jsck0,

The devs have mentioned that there is an issue for some users. They are working on a fix.
We apologise for this issue.