Author Topic: New browser version 79.0  (Read 5706 times)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: New browser version 79.0
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2020, 12:55:21 PM »
However it's not because the installer from web is the latest version. It is online installer and it does not know what version is the latest. It sends request to server and server responds the right browser installation package.

That's why there are no direct links for "new" versions. it's very likely that next version of browser will be installed by the same version of online installer.
Hi Ondrej, I already submitted my feedback a while ago to Sander (via Slack), but I'll repost one relevant point here...

As the stub installer doesn't always work as expected, how about a full installer (32/64) for the experts..!?
Hi Asyn, I am sorry, I cannot help with this. Offline installation is not easy to develop for our product and is not on our road-map for upcoming months.
Too bad, but thanks for the straight answer.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: New browser version 79.0
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2020, 11:53:16 PM »
Thanks for the precise information Ondrejz. Appreciated  :)