Author Topic: foundfax dot com popup notification  (Read 2688 times)

Offline 800mph

foundfax dot com popup notification
« on: February 22, 2020, 06:33:35 AM »
Hello,
I'm new to this forum so if I make any mistakes in the general rules I apologize up front. First I would like to ask if anyone else is dealing with this issue. Over the past couple of weeks I've been getting this popup telling me that going to the page foundfax dot com has been blocked and that it was infected with malware. It happens randomly so not when I'm opening or closing pages or tabs. I've attached a screenshot. I'm not trying to open that page. I did a scan of my computer using Malwarebytes. It found a couple PUP files (which I don't know much about) that I had it quarantine. I re-scanned and there was nothing. I am currently running Webroot 24/7 that hasn't found ANYTHING. I don't know what to do about this popup and I don't want to simply disable the popups since that would defeat the purpose of having the product. Also, it wouldn't actually solve the problem, it would just hide it. I'm hoping there is someone here who can help me. Thank you so much in advance. By the way, if I haven't given enough, or the correct information in order to solve this, please let me know and I will get back to you ASAP.

Take care,  :)
Melody

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: foundfax dot com popup notification
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 08:47:21 AM »
Attach your basic diagnostic logs. (MBAM and FRST)
Instructions: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=194892
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline sdowney56

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 09:33:09 PM »
had the same pop up and avast stopped it connection. I ran boot scan did not find it
chrome said to reset to clear out such an malware but i was avast captured after chrome reset. I guess if Avast stops the app it want do harm. But would like to know how to get rid of it

Offline matti.ollila

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 11:08:36 PM »
I get the same prompt, all the time, every 2minutes when online, regardless of which sites I'm visiting. Can anyone please help to get rid of the constant pop-up?

Offline peggysully

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 11:44:32 PM »
I also have been getting this constantly.  Help Avast...how do we make it stop?!!  I am glad your program is working to block it but I don't want to be notified of it every 10 minutes!

Offline robertbartolone

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 03:27:58 AM »
Was there an answer ever posted concerning the AVAST pop-up blocking Foundfax? Which is good just annoying that the pop-up keeps occurring.