Author Topic: avast VPN either cannot connect to server or very slow due to  (Read 3067 times)

Offline jmadiaga

avast VPN either cannot connect to server or very slow due to
« on: February 24, 2020, 12:43:41 PM »
Hi,
For the past several days now, I'm having difficulty connecting to an Avast VPN server, or if I get connected at all, speed is very slow.

I use Avast on 2 devices, an MBP with MacOS 10.13.6 and Avast secure line version 2.2.7 license expiry 6/2020
The other device is an Android smartphone (Android Q or 10 OS and LTE data) Avast Secure Line ver 5.24

In MBP, I use either Chrome (ver 80+) or Safari (ver. 13.0.5). opening a webpage gives this error:
Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.google.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

in Safari:
Hi,
For the past several days now, I'm having difficulty connecting to an Avast VPN server, or if I get connected at all, speed is very slow.

I use Avast on 2 devices, an MBP with MacOS 10.13.6 and Avast secure line version 2.2.7 license expiry 6/2020

In MBP, I use either Chrome (ver 80+) or Safari (ver. 13.0.5). opening a webpage gives this error:
Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.google.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

in Safari: the error message is Safari cannot open the page because the connection is not secure.

In Android phone connection is so slow that clicking on a search page does not open the search page at all but the usual display is reload the page or something.
I have also changed servers and locations several times but with the same results.
Any help will be appreciated. TIA
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 01:06:47 PM by jmadiaga »

Offline julio madiaga

Re: avast VPN either cannot connect to server or very slow due to
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 11:58:31 PM »
error message using firefox:

Websites prove their identity via certificates. Firefox does not trust this site because it uses a certificate that is not valid for www.youtube.com. The certificate is only valid for the following names: *.avast.com, avast.com, licensing.sl.ff.avast.com

Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

View Certificate

Offline Evamilette

Re: avast VPN either cannot connect to server or very slow due to
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 11:05:09 AM »
I also have the same problem, what did you do to solve it?