Author Topic: compatability  (Read 2753 times)

User15

compatability
« on: August 31, 2006, 07:11:21 PM »
avast and symantec can't work together correct? also, can spyware terminator and Symantec work together? i have the Clam Anti-Virus part of spyware terminator running too. im asking because the Clam AV part detected "traces of a trojan" (i think this means that the trojan is gone though) in My Virus Defs withing symantec. False Positive? And i know this isn't the forum to ask about spyware terminator, but you guys all seem to be more knowledgeable than anyone in the Spyware Terminator forums.

Spiritsongs

Re: compatability
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 07:56:41 PM »
 :)  Hi User :

The last I read in one of your postings is that you had
     decided to uninstall Avast and retain Symantec/Norton
     antivirus; specifically WHAT security-type programs do
     you have CURRENTLY on your computer ?
      If you do NOT have Avast, you should go elsewhere to
     ask your questions since this is an Avast Support Forum.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 08:10:55 PM »
Since it is extremely unlikely any one on the forums is using symantec we couldn't say if will work with spyware terminator. What we can say is avast and spyware terminator can work together (see below for pre-conditions). There are some who don't hold spyware terminator in high regard because of it previous history, which if you do a forum search for spyware terminator you will see that. This is just one of them http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=23207.msg191664#msg191664.

However, if you use the clamAv element integration into spyware terminator, you are effectively adding a second resident AV into the equation (this would negate the above statement that should work together) and that isn't recommended. That to would apply to symantec as it is probably the least friendly (IMHO) at co-existence with another AV.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 05:28:19 AM »
In theory, Spyware Terminator (even with ClamAV integrated) and NAV should be compatible.
But it will be better and safe that you get a proper info in the ST forum or technical support.
Better if an user that already tested this environment say to you  :)
The best things in life are free.