Author Topic: Poor performance  (Read 3796 times)

Offline Cherie9

Poor performance
« on: February 27, 2020, 07:17:46 AM »
I have never experienced such a poor performing VPN.

I am in Australia, using a connection at an Australian point (Melbourne) - yet for multiple sites i cannot pay while the VPN is on (eg pawshake, target).  this has happen multiple times.  What good is a VPN when i have to turn it on and off to use my credit card.  I am not trying to use the VPN to get round geo-blocking or anything else, just normal sites.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Poor performance
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 09:33:46 AM »
Hi,

I was able to get to https://www.pawshake.com.au/ whilst connected to the Melbourne VPN location.
Could you clarify the issue you are experiencing (perhaps attach a screenshot).

Offline Cherie9

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 06:29:33 AM »
I can get to the pawshake site but I cannot pay with a credit card without turning off the vpn.

today i was unable to load this site.  Issue immediately resolves after turning off the VPN.  https://www.choicehotels.com/en-au/victoria/greensborough/comfort-inn-hotels/au856

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.choicehotels.com/en-au/victoria/greensborough/comfort-inn-hotels/au856" on this server.
Reference #18.3a4e6168.1582954019.2a7346f2

The websites issues vary - sometimes they wont load, and sometimes payment is not allowed.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 09:41:56 AM »
Hi,

I will ask our VPN team to check. It seems that our VPN IPs have been abused.
(Generally, because some user used it for sending SPAM)

Offline celloshop

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 07:28:13 PM »
Is the credit card problem similar to one I'm having with my email.  Frontier won't send the email unless I turn off VPN.  Started doing this over the weekend, has been fine previously.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 11:19:01 AM »
Is the credit card problem similar to one I'm having with my email.  Frontier won't send the email unless I turn off VPN.  Started doing this over the weekend, has been fine previously.

Hi,

What is the VPN location's IP address?

Offline Cherie9

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2020, 10:04:44 AM »
Thank you - will you respond when you know what will be done?

This is not an isolated incident, i have had to redo multiple transactions due to the VPN and have had to turn it off on quite a few occasions to view a web-page.

I certainly would not repurchase based on my current experience and my husband refuses to use it on his computer. 

This morning it blocked my access to Princess Cruises when the VPN was on.  error message was " This request cannot be served at this time. Reference Id:18.9834768.1583485173.5381f17f "

Issue again resolved immediately when VPN was turned off.

I never had any issues like this with the previous VPNs i have used.

thank you for investigating.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2020, 01:15:19 PM »
Thank you - will you respond when you know what will be done?

This is not an isolated incident, i have had to redo multiple transactions due to the VPN and have had to turn it off on quite a few occasions to view a web-page.

I certainly would not repurchase based on my current experience and my husband refuses to use it on his computer. 

This morning it blocked my access to Princess Cruises when the VPN was on.  error message was " This request cannot be served at this time. Reference Id:18.9834768.1583485173.5381f17f "

Issue again resolved immediately when VPN was turned off.

I never had any issues like this with the previous VPNs i have used.

thank you for investigating.

Hi,

Every time you connect to the VPN service an IP address is assigned to you.
These are randomly assigned. Hence, it sometimes works for you after re-connecting.
Not all IPs have been blacklisted. (Unfortunately, any user who misuses our service can cause an IP to be blacklisted)

The VPN team will have to investigate to see which Melbourne virtual VPN IPs have been abused (blacklisted).
I will update you once they provide me with more information. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.