Author Topic: Advast Premiere Security 2020 Firewall Blocking Internet Access  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Kirk33

I have used Avast Premium for a number of years with no issues in the past.  Ever since I renewed by licence in Jan 2020 the Avast Firewall continually blocks internet access on my laptop.  When I check the settings Avast has it set as a private network and all shields are up.  Unfortunately for me the only way to restore connectivity to the Internet is to shut down the Firewall, mail Shield and Web shield.  No combination of turning these on or off works to resolve the issues.  I also have Malwarbyte and have been using both programs together for years with no issues.  I am at a loss for why Avast is acting this way, any help will be appreciated.

Just for background I have the following
Windows 10
Asus Laptop
Avast Premium 2020

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Advast Premiere Security 2020 Firewall Blocking Internet Access
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 06:12:38 AM »
Repair Avast:
1. Avast GUI -> Settings -> Troubleshooting
2. Click on 'REPAIR APP'.
3. Follow instructions.
4. Reboot.

PS: Regarding Avast & Malwarebytes, see: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/200324-exclusions-for-avast-users/
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline geas215

Re: Advast Premiere Security 2020 Firewall Blocking Internet Access
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 06:09:38 PM »
I have used Avast Premium for a number of years with no issues in the past.  Ever since I renewed by licence in Jan 2020 the Avast Firewall continually blocks internet access on my laptop.  When I check the settings Avast has it set as a private network and all shields are up.  Unfortunately for me the only way to restore connectivity to the Internet is to shut down the Firewall, mail Shield and Web shield.  No combination of turning these on or off works to resolve the issues.  I also have Malwarbyte and have been using both programs together for years with no issues.  I am at a loss for why Avast is acting this way, any help will be appreciated.

Just for background I have the following
Windows 10
Asus Laptop
Avast Premium 2020
I have the same problem. I upgraded my current subscription 2 days ago to the Premium, now I can't get online unless I disable all Avast shields. I posted a message "Avast update to Premium Security problems".  The 2 responses I got were no help. Did you manage to find an answer? I'm running Win7 Ultimate Sp1 with an i7 3.5ghz cpu desktop system.