Author Topic: Avast showing with caution/urgent symbol in taskbar, remediation running  (Read 1441 times)

Offline PSIwind

Hi, I haven't used my computer in a few days and finally turned it on again. Upon bootup, Avast was no longer working when it was the last time I used it and remediation was running, which I've also never seen. I repaired the program, rebooted, and it seemed to have fixed the problem, as both it and Windows Defender is saying I'm protected, but the urgent symbol and the remediation program is making me cautious. My version is 20.1.2397.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Reboot your system if You haven't.
If that doesn't clear the symbol then I suggest you try a 'Repair' of your Avast installation one more time
In your UI go to Menu/ Settings/ Troubleshooting and then Scroll and select "Repair App"
Follow instructions and then Reboot.
I've had that symbol in the past and should resolve.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 05:28:48 PM by schmidthouse »

Offline PSIwind

I already repaired it before. What I want to know is if I am at the very least still protected if Avast and Windows is saying its running and protected and the symbol might just be a bug.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
I already repaired it before. What I want to know is if I am at the very least still protected if Avast and Windows is saying its running and protected and the symbol might just be a bug.

Yes

Offline PSIwind

Yes
Okay, I just updated .NET Framework that was in a queue and the symbol is no longer there and everything is working fine. Seems like it was an icon bug. Thank you.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
 You're welcome  :)