Author Topic: Labor Day Holiday  (Read 9830 times)

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Re: Labor Day Holiday
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2006, 04:38:14 PM »
I geuss that you have an art talent, i wonder did you finished some art school?Maybe you should think about making that skin more "minimalystic" without the flags etc, keep the gray line of colours to appoint to the tragedy day something like that, please dont get me wrong i just want to give you some different idea to find a solution with more simplicity.There is no need everything to be shown so the people will get the idea...
Sometimes the simplicity is better solution...(though i always first complicate the things  ;D)

Cheers
ps: I like the way you are making combinations with the colours...

Well, there was no other way of doing that skin any different. I didn't do it because I had some weird dream or buil-in idea... I did it at my friend, our forum pal's request, and I did it exactly as he requested... didn't want to change anything. American flag is there to symbolize that tragedy happened in USA, nothing else. There were many people from all over the World in that building when tragedy happened, and it is a global tragedy, not just local.

If you want to see what I really do and how I do my design, you're more than welcome to visit my Flash web page (that's what I do for living):

http://www.sasha-z-creations.com (Latest version of Flash player required, as well as your screen resolution must be at least 1024x768 pixels or above)
Screenshot:

Cheers !
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 04:45:58 PM by S.Z.Craftec »
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2006, 04:41:22 PM »
(Sasha-i need a favor...when i changed my avatar on the left..i did a os and drivers restore and i forgot to save that avatar you made me..do you have a copy of it you can give me} :)

It's here inside my forum avatar gallery:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=8340.msg188364#msg188364
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

drhayden1

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2006, 04:47:53 PM »
Thanks Sasha.. :D
Have a good one!

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2006, 04:59:31 PM »
You're more than welcome my friend !  ;)

SNOWHITE

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2006, 05:55:21 PM »
Well, there was no other way of doing that skin any different.

I think that there is always other way, only that this time this skin is requested from your friend and he likes the way the skin looks, and also alot of other people like it.But that does not mean that you should stop with experimenting, it's not an easy task to make something to look "simply" and to keep the main idea about it - this is the harder way and it depends on how much you want to challange your self.
For me its easyer to express the "pain" by drawing human face with signs of pain, but the right challange for me is to express  my self by NOT showing the face with pain or any physical parts of the body, and also to be understanding for all the people that will see my piece of art and in some way feel the same...

American flag is there to symbolize that tragedy happened in USA, nothing else. There were many people from all over the World in that building when tragedy happened, and it is a global tragedy, not just local.

Becouse there were many people from all over the World yes it's not local tragedy, so if i were you i would try something different with out the flags, but i am not you so it's your decision...

If you want to see what I really do and how I do my design, you're more than welcome to visit my Flash web page (that's what I do for living)

Thanks i will check your site when i will go to internet caffe,         with this computer i cant see your works  :-\

Cheers   ;)

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2006, 06:15:06 PM »
Well, there was no other way of doing that skin any different.

I think that there is always other way, only that this time this skin is requested from your friend and he likes the way the skin looks, and also alot of other people like it.But that does not mean that you should stop with experimenting, it's not an easy task to make something to look "simply" and to keep the main idea about it - this is the harder way and it depends on how much you want to challange your self.
For me its easyer to express the "pain" by drawing human face with signs of pain, but the right challange for me is to express  my self by NOT showing the face with pain or any physical parts of the body, and also to be understanding for all the people that will see my piece of art and in some way feel the same...

American flag is there to symbolize that tragedy happened in USA, nothing else. There were many people from all over the World in that building when tragedy happened, and it is a global tragedy, not just local.

Becouse there were many people from all over the World yes it's not local tragedy, so if i were you i would try something different with out the flags, but i am not you so it's your decision...

Skin is compiled and that project is closed. It is like a monument. Simple is not always the best solution, and that is a non-writen rule in design business. I am into designing business more than 18 years by now, so I've been through everything literally.

Even if I change something, Alwil guys wouldn't have time to go through updating that skin. Besides, I think it would be killing the initial idea that my friend had in his mind when he directed me what he wanted to see inside that skin  ;)

Also, I don't have that much time lately, so that's the main reason I don't create new skins for avast! that often. Vista is officialy my last skin for avast! ever. There are some other things in life, like my new baby coming to this World in December, my lovely wife, friends, going outside, having fun, enjoying the life, my small business needs someone to take care of etc. etc.

9-11 skin was just a tribute and it's not meant to be one of those "every-day-use" skins for avast! anyway. I believe there is a lot more professional looking skins to choose from in avast! skins download section. Full size previews:

http://home.comcast.net/~sasha3160/szc_skins.html

Thanks i will check your site when i will go to internet caffe,         with this computer i cant see your works  :-\
Cheers   ;)

There is also preview page in HTML and you can choose between Flash and preview HTML page. If you don't have Flash installed, you can see HTML content and at least get the picture how my work looks like.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 06:23:14 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

SNOWHITE

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2006, 07:11:49 PM »
There are some other things in life, like my new baby coming to this World in December, my lovely wife, friends, going outside, having fun, enjoying the life, my small business needs someone to take care of etc. etc.

Now thats an awesome news!!! I hope for the best for you and your family  ;) life with a lot of joy and happyness!

About the skin, i was not trying to make you change the origin skin, just to try something different (exploring) if you have free time :) also i am not criticizing you i am just trying to make a conversation with you as a sort of collegues, you are a web designer, and i am different kind of designer, but it's still conected with art ;)

...And as i mentioned before i really like your works

Cheers,
Snezana

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2006, 07:25:00 PM »
Thank you for best wishes, I really appreciate it !  ;)

No problems I didn't take it as criticism, just explaining that 9-11 is kind of closed, locked project... and it's not just when it comes to that skin, but all other old ones. Except if something is really wrong with the functionality of the skin itself, then I am sure Alwil guys would take some time to upload those changes.

The problem is really with lack of time, and I would really need to kill myself if I want to go through some changes like that... especially for the skin that not so many people are using anyway  :'(

It would be really great if Alwil guys could include some download counter to count those hits, so we would be able to track how many times some particular skin has been downloaded so far. Also it would be easier to see which one is most popular one... maybe when they have to decide about default avast! skin in the future. So many people already complained that default avast! skin (by Alwil's official designer Martin Novak) is too "media-player" looking and therefore not suitable for computer security application like avast! is... that's why I built all those "pro" looking skins, so I believe there is something for everyone inside the skins download section.

..::ReVaN::..

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2006, 07:29:18 PM »
... It would be really great if Alwil guys could include some download counter to count those hits, so we would be able to track how many times some particular skin has been downloaded so far ...

That's a really good idea !

mauserme

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2006, 10:08:24 PM »
Is it too much to ask if we all can use this skin on September 11th just for one day ?
Downloaded it this afternoon.