Author Topic: Installing Key Logging Program  (Read 1732 times)

BWentler

Installing Key Logging Program
« on: October 05, 2006, 08:05:55 PM »
My friend is installing freekgbkeylogger key logging program and Avast is blocking it.  What does he need to do to exclude within Avast that stops it from blocking it?

My friend is running the lastest version of Avast on a XP-sp2 Intel box.

Thanks...

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Installing Key Logging Program
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 08:44:07 PM »
If the reason your friend is installing a key logger is parental monitoring, there are better proactive programs for parental control rather than finding out after they have visited a dodgy site. Naomi Parental Control software (freeware) http://www.radiance.m6.net/

But, to answer your question directly, if your friend is happy there is no risk associated with installing this program, pause the standard shield provider so that it can be installed and enable standard shield after installation. You may then find that you need to add the programs executable file to the avast exclusions; add it to the exclusions lists of, Standard Shield, Customize, Advanced and Program Settings, Exclusions.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security