Author Topic: Firewall blocking connection to Minecraft server  (Read 8593 times)

Offline alve7d8

Firewall blocking connection to Minecraft server
« on: March 14, 2020, 06:37:02 PM »
I'm trying to connect to private Minecraft server and my Avast Premium Security firewall is blocking the connection. I've already allowed all connections for the launcher and Java, but it didn't help. Then I turned on logging everything and found out that the application whose connection is blocked in fact isn't Minecraft launcher or Java (javaw.exe), but something called 'System' in the log, it says 'Rule not found' and I can't configure it since there's no such application in the list of available ones. How to unblock it?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Firewall blocking connection to Minecraft server
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 09:38:49 PM »
Is your firewall in puplic or private mode?

Setting up Firewall Application Rules in Avast Antivirus
https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/Antivirus-Firewall-Application-Rules

=================================================================

NOTE:The Network profiles control the settings which determine how strictly Firewall protects your PC.

Private: a lower level of security suitable for when your PC is connected to a trusted network such as your home or work network.
This profile enables better connectivity, and permits all communication within the network.

Public: a higher level of security suitable for when your PC is connected to a public network such as in a cafe or airport.
Because public networks present greater security risks, no incoming communication is permitted when this profile is set.

=================================================================

also see post here from  BWhit   https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=227130.msg1505540#msg1505540

« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 02:32:39 PM by Pondus »

Offline alve7d8

Re: Firewall blocking connection to Minecraft server
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 09:02:58 AM »
Thanks, that worked. I've made those changes in Geek Area settings, though I'm not sure which one of them caused the problem.